Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

anyone spending xmas alone because they can't stand being with their family ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys this is the 2nd xmas i'm spending alone and it's feeling quite lonely this xmas

I haven't spoken to my mum in over a year as we don't get on so i've been stuck with spending xmas alone. It would be ok if i wasn't so ill and there was things too do but i dont have anything to do.

spending time alone has made me realise how i don't have anyone close to me ....... not many friends and no family at all.

I hope this changes next year but we'll see. Just wanted to know who may be in the same position and maybe suggests on things i could do.

ReputationRep:
    Get a mistletoe. Walk around town centre, and use it as an excuse to get cheap kisses. Loads of fun.

ReputationRep:
    it'll get better in the future you'll meet a nice person and have a nice relationship and you won't be alone again, just get this xmas out of the way first
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm spending it alone, but because I want to be alone this Xmas. If you want to talk though feel free to message me =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Get a mistletoe. Walk around town centre, and use it as an excuse to get cheap kisses. Loads of fun.
    Cheap kisses? Do people normally charge you?

ReputationRep:
    I am, some family away, those who aren't around haven't invited me (guess who I am disowning next year?). I had some invites to spend Christmas elsewhere but I declined them, wouldn't feel comfortable in someone else's house, it's a family occasion.

Soo, spending it alone. So sick of the look of horror on people's faces when I tell them, grrrr.

ReputationRep:
    It may be a chance to think about getting back on speaking terms with your mother? Obviously we don't know what happened, but families are good and it might be worth trying harder to get along.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.