Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are my A level choices suitable for a Pschology degree at 1 of the top universities? Watch

ReputationRep:
    N/A

ReputationRep:
    It's fine, but please learn to spell Psychology before you go, eh!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, and I guess I didn't proof read my question as I've spelt it correctly the rest other times in the text.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised if Imperial offer psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I'd be surprised if Imperial offer psychology
    They don't and neither do King's.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK neither Imperial or Kings offer psychology degrees. It may be beneficial to do a science like biology at A Level as well, but best to look at the individual university A Level requirements that you want to go to
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Those A-levels wouldn't rule you out of the majority of psychology courses, but there will be a few that will certainly have a preference for a science A-level or two. For example, UCL psychology is a tough course to get into, and though they may not specify that they would like biology or another science at A-level, there will undoubtedly be competing applicants going head-to-head with you that have the same grades as you (or better) in science A-levels. By all means give a top course or two a try, but keep that in mind.

For Royal Holloway, I can't see you having a problem with those A-levels as long as you get the right grades. Same could be said for quite a lot of universities of similar-ish standards, I'd think, as long as you pair the right grades up with a decent all round application.

ReputationRep:
    They're fine but you might have trouble getting in UCL or RHUL with those.

And kings doesn't do psych!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.