Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Look mini hair straighteners Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone used the mini straighteners from New Look? My hair is straight but flicks out in annoying places, hence why I use straighteners. I'm hoping to curl my hair with them too. What are they like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lea_uk)
    Has anyone used the mini straighteners from New Look? My hair is straight but flicks out in annoying places, hence why I use straighteners. I'm hoping to curl my hair with them too. What are they like?
    I'm not sure if the one I have is from New Look but it's basically a miniature-sized straightener so I'm sure it's similar. Personally, I don't think it does its job. It says it heats up as much as a regular straightener but I've found this to be false.

Your best bet is to use a regular straightener and hold with a comb which stay-aways you want to straighten because I found the mini-straightener a complete waste of money and a disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    I have the mini one's from Boots, they were £10 and are amazing.
    TopShop ones are good too!

But i'm a guy and have only a small amount of hair to do,- the front.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about getting the Topshop ones instead as I have a gift card I can use in there. My hair is quite long, so maybe they won't be that great for me.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking about getting the Topshop ones instead as I have a gift card I can use in there. My hair is quite long, so maybe they won't be that great for me.
    If you really care about it, get some more expensive ones from Boots.
    Around £50 can get you some really good products.

ReputationRep:
    I have normal sized ones, but I thought the mini ones would be easier to manage.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.