Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well, is it?

In My personal opinion i am against the idea of tuition for students.However only IF that person revieving tuition is not getting the same amount of teachings in school and has mental health problems than other pupils. I mean, because you have more money doesn't mean you should have a better grade and eventually have a better life, i know this leads onto a much bigger issue but is tuition fair?

ReputationRep:
    This post makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)

My personal opinion is against the idea of tuition fees,only IF that person is getting the same amount of teachings in school and no mental health problems. I mean, because you have more money doesn't mean you should have a better grade and eventually have a better life, i know this leads onto a much bigger issue but is tuition fair?
    Huh?

ReputationRep:
    Op is clearly a person that envys another person that is being tutored - by which that particular other person is giving Op a good grade thrashing.

Well, you just have to try harder then don't you? - if your parents are not made out of money!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    well, is it?

My personal opinion is against the idea of tuition fees,only [COLOR="Blue"]IF[/COLOR] that person is getting the same amount of teachings in school and no mental health problems. I mean, because you have more money doesn't mean you should have a better grade and eventually have a better life, i know this leads onto a much bigger issue but is tuition fair?
    How is it not fair? If you have the money, you can spend it on whatever you want. If you can't afford tuition, tough **** but that is how the world works. Quit the inequality crap and get working.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. I think it should be illegal to teach if you're not employed by the state. That way, everyone would be better off.

ReputationRep:
    Most people who get stellar grades don't have extra private tuition. Stop griping and go study.

ReputationRep:
    That's horrendously illiberal :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    'Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters'

Looks like your one of them bro

Also this is the most stupid thing i've heard.

ReputationRep:
    The only people who have extra tutoring are those who are finding it hard...

Why shouldn't they be allowed to pay someone to go over the material with them and test them in their spare time if it meant them getting the C they need, or whatever...? :lolwhut:

ReputationRep:
    this post makes absolutely no sense--->"The belt is green, but very hard"

ReputationRep:
    Yes, especially if you have bad teachers and have a limited understaniding of the topic (no point just telling me to do more work if they can't understand any of it in the first place)

(Original post by Revd. Mike)
    That's horrendously illiberal :lolwut:
    Also this, its not really any of your business what people spend their money on..

ReputationRep:
    well, is it?

In My personal opinion i am against the idea of tuition for students.However only IF that person revieving tuition is not getting the same amount of teachings in school and has mental health problems than other pupils. I mean, because you have more money doesn't mean you should have a better grade and eventually have a better life, i know this leads onto a much bigger issue but is tuition fair?
    I have nothing against tuition, but my little apothegm has always been, if you're going to do it, do it yourself - then you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you tried your best

ReputationRep:
    Oh welll....if smart students who can go up for good grades without tutorials are THE BEST !! The smart ones who go for tutz thinking that is going to help them score better and live better are LOOSERS !!

There are some who really need remedials like the ones flunking 2 and more subjects.

But tutz are a waste !!

What about a day when you actually come home after a hectic day at school. School nearly takes up half of your day and you come home looking for relaxation. And then the tornado of tutz strikes...you then gotta get ready for your tutz in a few hours....have you studied for the test the teacher is gonna take ? are you prepared with the lessons previously taught ? how about your competitor at tutz ?? all this stuff will actually start screwing you from home itself. By the time you go to tutz and come back...you are stressed,drenched and superly tired ( not coz of the time-table but coz of the pressure underneath the big head )

How about a day of school with the same level of pressure..and then you come home..relax...and set aside some study time. This way you can prioritize your work.

If you are having a bio test 2mrw and u hv a math tution 2day...its NOT gonna help !!

Tuitions aren't really fair until or unless it comes for the really NEEDY ones or the ones who are less than 40% and need to score above 80s for ... (various reasons )

ReputationRep:
    (Not sure if you mean university or just privating schooling here.)

For university: Depends on whether you think university should be a given right or not really, since the tuition fee's will be changing for each university (to an extent). Best won't necessarily charge the most.

Schooling: Well if parents want to put money towards private schooling let them really. There are people who have lower/middle income who try and put their students in private schooling (Though only a small minority I'd imagine) and some think the teaching and learning is better. It's probably up to person opinion, as with private schooling the teaching sort of has to be better, so if a teacher is incompetent I'm sure they're more likely to be removed whereas I've had several insanely crap teachers who need to be removed from my school, yet still there...
    Though I don't go to a private school, if a parents willing to put the money in then why not. It's not like those from state schools are put at a disadvantage, if you're academically gifted then I'm sure that should still shine through and if you go to a poor school and your grades shine above the right, then universities would see that as well and you'd probably shine out a bit more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rational Paradox)
    Yes, especially if you have bad teachers and have a limited understaniding of the topic (no point just telling me to do more work if they can't understand any of it in the first place)

Also this, its not really any of your business what people spend their money on..
    Teachers aren't an issue. The management is 10 times more bothered about the teachers rather than the students because in the end..its the school name at stake.

It all depends on the mental capabilities that the student wishes to show up...

All people have been gifted with the same mental strength...!! It is all on the student on how to make use of the brains in-built.

ReputationRep:
    No tuition isn't fair. However, neither are private schools, neither is the influx of middle class people to the catchment areas of good schools, neither are most variables related to education. At least if you're going to have tuition, make the most of it and work hard.

ReputationRep:
    No it isn't fair.

Although how is it fair that you are actually able to get education in the first place when there are people in third world countries who have no such luxury. How is it fair that by world standards you're rich. How is it fair that you will never have to go hungry in your life when there are people in this world who are starving.

Seriously If you're going to complain about fairness get a little perspective first.

ReputationRep:
    well, is it?

Personally, I get satisfaction from doing MY best in exams, rather than from doing better than everyone else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.