Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else not heard back from barclays wealth? I would have thought they would have finished recruiting by now, in which case I'm surprised rejections havent been sent.

ReputationRep:
    They converted a LOT of their interns this year (28/29 out of 32 got offers). Sorry I realise this doesn't answer your question at all.

ReputationRep:
    whats barclays wealth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The IC Guy)
    They converted a LOT of their interns this year (28/29 out of 32 got offers). Sorry I realise this doesn't answer your question at all.
    Hi,

Do you know when they recruit interns? I haven't heard a peep from them

ReputationRep:
    I actully got rejected by these douche bags without so much as a tele interview! I thought that was strange considering I currently work for a wealth management company! Their recruitment team are awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stanmoor)
    I actully got rejected by these douche bags without so much as a tele interview! I thought that was strange considering I currently work for a wealth management company! Their recruitment team are awful!
    They've taken on some absolute retards this year apparently, take it as a compliment that they turned you down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stanmoor)
    Really? How bizarre. When did this happen? And is this for grad scheme or internship? Thanks

(Original post by The IC Guy)
    Out of curiosity, where did you hear this from? Just wondering

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard that Barclays Wealth is not doing grad because of the high intern conversion, but just a rumor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    Out of curiosity, where did you hear this from? Just wondering
    My housemate worked there during the summer, there was even a girl from The Open Uni at a grad event he went to recently.

ReputationRep:
    Since when did going to The Open Uni disqualify someone from getting a grad job? If you were good enough and met their requirements, they would have called you. If they don't/didn't, either they're not recruiting, or you didn't meet whatever criteria they were looking for. Simple as that. Move on.

If they did infact hire 29 people from the summer programme, I would be very surprised if they returned to the grad circuit for more hires.

ReputationRep:
    They were expanding quite aggressively in the post-boom UK (near-EMEA) market trying to peel off disenchanted buisness from more established players. With the ongoing problems with PIIGS, I don't think they are seeing enough fees to justify such an expansion.

ReputationRep:
    Also have heard not a peep from them - SA position. Does anyone have a phone number for BW grad recruitment? Much obliged!

ReputationRep:
    Any word yet?

ReputationRep:
    Any word yet?
    I have still heard nada re Summer Analyst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUB11)
    I have still heard nada re Summer Analyst

Same. Do you think they've finished recruiting?

ReputationRep:
    Same. Do you think they've finished recruiting?
    Perhaps, but they may just be late starting. I haven't heard any whispers of their SA recruiting progress whatsoever bar guys who are still waiting to hear back, there may be hope yet! Who else are you still waiting to hear from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUB11)
    Perhaps, but they may just be late starting. I haven't heard any whispers of their SA recruiting progress whatsoever bar guys who are still waiting to hear back, there may be hope yet! Who else are you still waiting to hear from?
    This is so late considering Bar Cap start very very early.

Rejected by HSBC and MS, waiting for BoAML, Bar Wealth. No call for GS 1st round so I assume rejection there.

You?

ReputationRep:
    This is so late considering Bar Cap start very very early.

Rejected by HSBC and MS, waiting for BoAML, Bar Wealth. No call for GS 1st round so I assume rejection there.

You?
    Rejected by HSBC (as I'm not fluent in 3 languages, apparently) and Deutsche (applied fairly late). GS first round coming up (only one so far).

Still waiting to hear from MS, BoAML and BW. Also applied to Fidelity on deadline day, no word. Hopefully they are not all just prolonged rejections in the post... sigh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUB11)
    Rejected by HSBC (as I'm not fluent in 3 languages, apparently) and Deutsche (applied fairly late). GS first round coming up (only one so far).

Still waiting to hear from MS, BoAML and BW. Also applied to Fidelity on deadline day, no word. Hopefully they are not all just prolonged rejections in the post... sigh
    Good luck.

I'm surprised BW is so slow.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck.

I'm surprised BW is so slow.
    Cheers. Let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.