Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi basically i just realised that ive sent of an old version of my personal statement and completed my ucas application.

i need to edit my personal statement desperately what can i do.
    i completed ucas just before i broke up from college for xmas and i know its been sent to uni's because ive received emails from them saying there processing my application.

please helpppp

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything you can do now. I'm sure it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt theres much you can do. especially at this time of year. in a couple of days you could always try calling UCAS. thats probably the only way you can possibly fix it

ReputationRep:
    I would say email the universities directly explaining, and attach your other personal statement

ReputationRep:
    could i make another ucas account?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely email the universities directly, explaining the situation and asking if they'll let you send a different personal statement. It's probably a good idea to ask your referee to confirm this error so it doesn't just look like you're trying to fit more info. about yourself onto your application.
    A
    pparently once UCAS has been sent it becomes 'sealed' and cannot be amended. However, I'm sure I've heard something about a '14-day window' in which your app. can be amended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dyal)
    hi basically i just realised that ive sent of an old version of my personal statement and completed my ucas application.

i need to edit my personal statement desperately what can i do.
    i completed ucas just before i broke up from college for xmas and i know its been sent to uni's because ive received emails from them saying there processing my application.

please helpppp
    I have a sinking feeling that it isn't possible The UCAS page:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/makingchanges

doesn't appear to have the option. I would email or phone UCAS as soon as you can and ask them to get a definitive answer either way.

I hope it all works out for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope)
    I have a sinking feeling that it isn't possible The UCAS page:

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/offers/makingchanges

doesn't appear to have the option. I would email or phone UCAS as soon as you can and ask them to get a definitive answer either way.

I hope it all works out for you
    There are lots of things that aren't on the UCAS page that we know.

However, in this case, they are comprehensive. Unless the unis will accept a version by e-mail, there is no way to change the PS.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Just be aware that UCAS' phone lines are closed until 4th Jan - So don't bother ringing them in the next week!

Yes, I'd suggest you ring UCAS and the unis...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    Definitely email the universities directly, explaining the situation and asking if they'll let you send a different personal statement. It's probably a good idea to ask your referee to confirm this error so it doesn't just look like you're trying to fit more info. about yourself onto your application.
    A
    pparently once UCAS has been sent it becomes 'sealed' and cannot be amended. However, I'm sure I've heard something about a '14-day window' in which your app. can be amended.
    This. Except that the 14-day windows is for changing choices; once your application has been sent to UCAS there's no amending your statement. Since both the UCAS and universities have closed for Christmas, there's also no point in trying to contact them now. Spend the next week working on your new statement and then get in touch with the universities.

Creating a new UCAS account is pointless. "You are allowed to send us only one application in each year's application cycle. If you send a second application, it will be cancelled and you will not receive a refund."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.