Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I graduated with a degree in Aerospace Engineering in 2008 and went on to train
    as a pilot. I now fly for a very well known low fares airline. I am single and have been for a long time. Do girls really go for pilots as they know they can lead a very nice lifestyle or are they seriously put off with long hours a pilot can typically work?

Was rather curious as to what girls think if they saw a young pilot walking through the airport when they are going on a mates holiday for example (seen many of them through the summer season). Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Makes me think of 'Catch Me If You Can' - unless you actually ARE Leonardo DiCaprio, being a pilot isn't something I'd be instantly attracted to... unfortunately.

And I'd rather be with someone who wasn't flying all over the world without me, to be honest. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. No ta.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if you work for Singapore air of Cathay Pacific....Ryanair not so much

ReputationRep:
    pilots = :sexface: get yourself a nice stewardess and join the mile high club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    pilots = :sexface: get yourself a nice stewardess and join the mile high club.
    I watched a programme called the Mile High Club on tv once. Awful.

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely date a pilot. I would have thought a young single pilot would be snapped up in a flash!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScottD)
    I watched a programme called the Mile High Club on tv once. Awful.

Its probaly never as good as Rockstar (nickleback) made it out to be

I have had girls going on a mates holiday come up to the flightdeck to 'check us out' so they claim to the cabin crew with a few positive answers on their way out. Exchange of numbers and it's straight down to the job centre. The airline doesn't take kindly to that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.