Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just thought of telling everyone, this girl has been missing for over 3 years now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappe...deleine_McCann

If anyone has seen her then please contact:

http://www.findmadeleine.com/index.html

Thanks. And dont forget her. I feel really sad seeing her lost, and I would blame it on their parents! And they are also thousands of other kids ( im not being selfish) if you want to have a look please visit this website : http://uk.missingkids.com/

ReputationRep:
    She might be on TSR posting anon.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, nobody really cares about that anymore...

ReputationRep:
    Its kinda sad how one girl is remembered so much when so many children go missing every year unnoticed. Perhaps if the media has put as much attention into every child as they had with her there'd be many other families with their children this year.

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas of what I should get her for this xmas? I regret getting her that invisibility cloak a couple of years ago.

ReputationRep:
    I'm happy to forget about her.

ReputationRep:
    Why was her case given so much coverage by the media?

ReputationRep:
    reckon it was her parents anyway
    most likely her mum

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an idea how many kids go missing every year? and the majority will be lucky to make the local news.

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten two warnings recently for 'spam' posts involving pictures so I guess I have to write something substantive before posting this picture so I don't get canned; Madeline McCann's disappearance is a sad example of the media jumping on a single case of the blonde-haired blue-eyed girl Middle England can all get behind and leaving several children who aren't as viable as a business venture to focus on in the dust.

Now that the serious part is over;

ReputationRep:
    Although it's sad she's gone, this case has received a disproportionately unfair amount of coverage. Shows what rich parents can get you.

ReputationRep:
    Her parents should be in prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by u4m1r)
    Because her parents are middle class and English. Any other combination and nobody batted an eyelid.

While it is regrettable what has evidently happened to Maddie, one cannot help but place the blame squarely on her neglectful parents and I hope the ordeal has opened their eyes on how having a child means you have to take care of it not leave it in a foreign apartment building to go for drinks with your friends with no form of carer. Who takes children that young on holiday to somewhere like that in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    To all those asking why she got so much attention
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing...woman_syndrome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeStinks)
    Although it's sad she's gone, this case has received a disproportionately unfair amount of coverage. Shows what rich parents can get you.
    Yeah, I'm jealous of her, having those two as parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Its kinda sad how one girl is remembered so much when so many children go missing every year unnoticed. Perhaps if the media has put as much attention into every child as they had with her there'd be many other families with their children this year.
    This 100 times over.

The jokes about her are in my oppinion highly distasteful. For me she represents every missing child that isn't given a fair representation in the media.

Oh and seriously peedaphilia is now something that is being joked about. Gotta love society.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    She's probably dead.

(Original post by u4m1r)
    It was a special case of the parents being stupid enough to leave three toddlers alone in a villa whilst they went out on the lash.

ReputationRep:
    Too much coverage, too many other children forgotten or never even known.

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit selfish over one child when hundreds go missing yearly.

ReputationRep:
    Keep it clean and this side of the fine line please

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.