The Student Room Group

Missing Madeleine Mccann

Scroll to see replies

Jesus, her parents were idiots for leaving her alone that night. Plus, do you think the story would have got such publicity if she wasn't a blue eyed, blonde haired child born to wealthy and prominent British doctors? How many other kids have gone missing that get nowhere near the same publicity or money spent on finding them?
Reply 61
BRB just checking my cupboard.
No, no sign of her.
probably wouldn't recognise her now..bar the mark on the iris though contacts fixes that right up.

She's too risky for an abductor to keep really. So I imagine either it's...

A) She's long dead.

B) She's trapped in a basement/dungeon like that girl in America was for all those years (Jaycee Lee Dugard comes to mind, or Natascha Kampusch in Austria)
Reply 63
Shame. I was hoping for a long, slightly OCD rant about how the OP felt personally devastated by this media-personality-in-absentia's continued absence and was thus missing her.
Original post by u4m1r
Why was her case given so much coverage by the media?

Probably because her parents are both doctors and Madeleine McCann is a pretty blonde haired, blue eyed girl who looks oh-so-tragically beautiful on every flyer and oversized newspaper picture.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's very sad that she's been missing for so long and I do hope she'll be found alive and well (though I don't really think that's likely anymore... :frown:) but it just seems awful to focus so much on one child when thousands go missing every single day.
Also, I honestly don't understand how any parents can leave their children alone at night in a different country, no matter how close the place they're going out is to their hotel. I know it was just a stupid mistake on their part and one they're paying for, but I just don't get how you can leave such young children alone with no adult. Didn't they even think about the possibility of one of the kids waking up and wanting their parents? And what if there'd been a fire or something? I feel so sorry for the parents and I don't blame them for what happened because how could they know their child would be abducted? I just don't know how they could leave their children.

I'm not a parent and maybe I'm just neurotic (well... not maybe :tongue:), but I'm always worrying about things happening to people when I'm not with them, if I'd had children and wanted to go out for a meal in Barcelona, I would have got a certified babysitter who I'd vetted and spoken to myself AND checked the children every few minutes. But I bet those poor parents beat themselves up about leaving Maddy and the other children alone everyday.
It's sad. But what's more sad (to me) are the children who disappear and don't have parents with a million quid search fund to help find them.
Oh crap! she escaped the cage
It has restored my faith in TSR somewhat that most people on here are aware of the massive unfairness of giving one girl so much coverage while thousands of others are basically ignored by the press every year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending