Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are arabs and eastern europeans so racist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've found out from observation, they have this elite attitude when it comes to black people.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you making stupid assumptions?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't experienced this.

But of course there must be the select few. It's no different from asking 'Why are people racist' really.

ReputationRep:
    Superior complex based on nothing.

Define Eastern Europeans.

Everyone has that elite attitude in regards to black people...

ReputationRep:
      http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unit...3.jpg?v=234600

ReputationRep:
      Interesting point. No wait, the other thing ... tedious.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by domino0806)
      Define Eastern Europeans.
      Polish

ReputationRep:
      Some Arabs are indeed racist. But as are some of any race who think their race is better.

ReputationRep:
      Your eye must be of Cyclops kind. To observe that many people.

O

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't say that they are racist. They're just scared of the unknown.

I doubt most Arabs and Eastern Europeans see black people in their native countries. So they come to places like the UK or US, get culture shock and tend to stick to what they know.

Nevertheless, having a prejudice against other races due to silly reasons such as skin colour, language, etc is just plain silly. I mean, look at Hitler, now he's the world's most hated man.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kironkabir)
      I wouldn't say that they are racist. They're just scared of the unknown.

I doubt most Arabs and Eastern Europeans see black people in their native countries. So they come to places like the UK or US, get culture shock and tend to stick to what they know.

Nevertheless, having a prejudice against other races due to silly reasons such as skin colour, language, etc is just plain silly. I mean, look at Hitler, now he's the world's most hated man.
      You clearly know nothing about the Middle East.

ReputationRep:
      Because in Eastern Europe and Arabic countries there is no this "tolerance" bull**** when you can't open your mouth, if it's black people you're talking about.

Therefore the "racist" tag on them.

(Original post by WarmEye)
        Polish
        Not Eastern European then.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Europe

ReputationRep:
        Friday24th December 2010
        Just as planned.

ReputationRep:
        Mmmm - shouldn't generalise but anacdotally I think OP's probably right.

Wasn't really that long since someone from > 1 days walk away was viewed as alien in England... some of these places have only got past that fearful peasant stage a lot more recently than us, maybe there's an upper limit to how fast socialo attitudes can change.
        Guess being a former imperial power might actually help - your British imperialists went round the world looking down on 'savage people' but they also thought those people were interesting too. maybe that's slightly more healthy than being a stay at home nation that just looks down on people (doesn't explain arabs though - they got around a bit back in the day)

ReputationRep:
        Really ignorant too!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ibysaiyan)
        Your eye must be of Cyclops kind. To observe that many people.

O
        look you know i speak truth, just because you're not a racist arab (yesh i know you're a arab) doesn't mean anything.

ReputationRep:
        Eastern european would be defined as: Serbian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Russian and so on.

And yup I do think, if your observation were to be true, it would probably more down to shock than anything because people from the Middle East and Eastern Europe won't have seen much black people before. However, considering MOST middle-easterners are Muslims then they're not doing a very good job considering all races are considered equal in Islam!

peaceeeee

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.