Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    finding it difficult to keep up with everyones level of christmas happyness, and not feeling it at all. anyone else got winter blues?

ReputationRep:
    Me, completely. Just not in the mood for christmas this year!

ReputationRep:
    What's Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    Same! Bah humbug to all. Next year I'm hibernating!

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely feeling a little ambivalent about Christmas this year. I can't really be arsed with all the boring-ness that comes with it.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, right there with you..just can't get into it this year

ReputationRep:
    Since I was about 13/14, I haven't been excited for Christmas. Sad times.

ReputationRep:
    Not feeling it either. Maybe it's because I've got to to all the way to Burnley (1 hour drive) twice to pick up/drop off my grandad, so that means no drinking.

Might just be because I've got no real interest in what's happening.

ReputationRep:
    I'm rather meh about the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    It used to be that all important day of the year right. what took the magic out of christmas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    I'm rather meh about the whole thing.
    aye exactly, I have been for the last 2-3 years. Grown out of Christmas...the horror!

I'm especially meh this year...if anything it's just depressing as a member of the family has just died so everyone is focused on that and disorganised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    aye exactly, I have been for the last 2-3 years. Grown out of Christmas...the horror!

I'm especially meh this year...if anything it's just depressing as a member of the family has just died so everyone is focused on that and disorganised.
    Not even the iceland ad cheers me up

Aw, my condolences
    Although its of hardly any comparison,my little brother's living abroad with my mum so it's my first Xmas without him

ReputationRep:
    i'm very positive about tomorrow....

i'm going to spend the day drinking, in hope that it will drown out the lousiness of it all AND in hope that it will knock me out by 10pm and sort out my sleeping habit

i'm very confident i will achieve these goals.

ReputationRep:
    yeah I feel kind of like I've grown out of christmas. Nowadays with just the three of us it's not got the same pizaz. I enjoy it, kinda, I like going to visit relatives. But xmas day itself is overhyped, it's just a regular day with good food and doctor who. I don't feel the need to get up early, I'll just be wandering around with nowt to do. People find it difficult to understand my attitude, but they are in a different kind of situation to mine. I'm not a scrooge by any means I'm just indifferent.

Anyway, if I end up in Canada for my year abroad, I might not even get home for Christmas 2011 so that'll be even weirder.

ReputationRep:
    christmas day- the day when you reach the bottom of the quality street tin of chocolate and realise your lifes a mess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fire_eyed_boy)
    It used to be that all important day of the year right. what took the magic out of christmas?
    you touching yourself at night, is the first instinctive notion to suggest itself to me

ReputationRep:
    What do you want us to do about it? Go watch a Christmas movie and stop being so dull. It's CHRRRRRRISTMAS! Loves it.

ReputationRep:
    It sucks even more when you're ill at Christmas.. I went out for a meal earlier and couldn't appreciate the food because I felt sick just looking at it

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been excited about it for ages I just grew out of it

ReputationRep:
    Christmas is like any other day for me. Its an overrated holiday.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.