Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I am a first year student at the University of Aberdeen and I'm studying MA Politics and IR.My questions is-is it possible to transfer to Edinburgh university from the second semester of my first year ?Or do I need to finish my first year here at Aberdeen first?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Well Edinburgh doesn't even do IR....so good luck with that. Also, have you asked Edinburgh whether they would accept you at all? Tbh I doubt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Well Edinburgh doesn't even do IR....so good luck with that. Also, have you asked Edinburgh whether they would accept you at all? Tbh I doubt it.
    What do you mean it doesn't do IR? They have it in the prospectus its code is L250.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect you need to finish your first year. Best to confirm it with the university though. However, you really have left it late - I don't think they'll be back at work until January 4th or 5th and semester 2 starts January 10.

ReputationRep:
    They aren't going to let you transfer half way through the year due to issues with credit transfer.

If you want to apply for 2nd year entry to start in September you need to apply by the normal UCAS deadline of 15th Jan 2011 and select entry point 2 in your course selections for Edinburgh. You will need to contact the relevant departments at Edinburgh before applying to ensure they will consider your application.

(Original post by Billydodger)
    x
    Yes they do.
    I believe in first year the course content is the same as politics with some additional law modules which is why you may not be aware of people studying IR. It is one of the most competitive courses to get into at Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for the quick replies!=)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.