The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgrad Acceptances

Hi all, for those of you holding offers from King's for Postgrad, please state

Name of Course
If you applied to anywhere else as choices ranked above Kings and what you think of Kings

Me

MA International Relations
I applied to LSE and UCL above King.

I'm international and I read a lot of good stuff about King's war department. I would really love to get into LSE though .
Original post by Vozhak
Hi all, for those of you holding offers from King's for Postgrad, please state

Name of Course
If you applied to anywhere else as choices ranked above Kings and what you think of Kings

Me

MA International Relations
I applied to LSE and UCL above King.

I'm international and I read a lot of good stuff about King's war department. I would really love to get into LSE though .

Vozhak can I ask how long it took you to hear from them after your final reference was sent in??

My final ref was sent in end of November and I knew King's has a rep for quicker response times than LSE/UCL, so I had been hoping to hear back from them before xmas but, alas, was not to be.

Guessing i'll hear from them in January, but still curious about how long it took you to get an offer so that I can uselessly read too much into my application times :smile: By the way i've applied for IR too, and yeah the War Studies department is definitely very respected :smile:
Reply 2
Got into King's for music a few weeks ago. See my sig for my other offers. I'm accepting my Cambridge offer, but King's is a close second choice.
Reply 3
Original post by theapplicant
Vozhak can I ask how long it took you to hear from them after your final reference was sent in??

My final ref was sent in end of November and I knew King's has a rep for quicker response times than LSE/UCL, so I had been hoping to hear back from them before xmas but, alas, was not to be.

Guessing i'll hear from them in January, but still curious about how long it took you to get an offer so that I can uselessly read too much into my application times :smile: By the way i've applied for IR too, and yeah the War Studies department is definitely very respected :smile:

Funny thing they said IR takes up to 8 weeks as a committee has to sit on it while the other departments is just an admin tutor so they take 4

i got my response in 17 days after my last reference was sent in..... i was really surprised, they are really really fast with their responses and stuff, they reply to my questions in 2 days or less.

you are right people say Kings gets picked on by ULC/LSE/Imperial like the scrawny sibling but their War Studies department is well renowned and top notch.

i was happy to get in... best of luck on the applications.
Reply 4
Original post by Viceroy
Got into King's for music a few weeks ago. See my sig for my other offers. I'm accepting my Cambridge offer, but King's is a close second choice.

wohowwww, you're in Ottawa i'm in TORONTO!

Cambridge will be awesome, i'm thinking of applying there for planning and regeneration but i am not sure!

isn't it funny that a lot of Canadians have heard of Kings but not UCL but UCL is much much higher in ranking, i thought that was odd? ! :confused:

congrats on the offer :biggrin:
Reply 5
Terrorism and Security MA (War Studies Department)

Also applied to Aber and Nottingham (accepted to both)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending