Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you live without shopping for a day or two? Watch

• TSR Support Team

You'd think the world has about to come to end with the amount of cars stacked up trying to get into the ASDA car park today, god the shops are only shut for a day or so. I put any money it will be the same on Boxing day with quite a few ASDA stores opening for the first time ever on a Boxing day.

ReputationRep:
    gasp No, shopping is my life, can't do without it.......

ReputationRep:
    SOme people just want their Christmas to be perfect that's why they are doing everything the last minute to get the fresh products.
    I went out today and every store is just pack and i almost got into a fight today just because somebody stole the parking space ive been waiting for!! :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    soo easily :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    SOme people just want their Christmas to be perfect that's why they are doing everything the last minute to get the fresh products.
    I went out today and every store is just pack and i almost got into a fight today just because somebody stole the parking space ive been waiting for!! :stomp:
    :rolleyes: Sheer materialism.

ReputationRep:
    I know, it's pathetic. I remember reading one of those articles about a woman who resolved not to spend a single penny for a week, or a pound a day for a month, or something. The amount she was whining, it was ridiculous. I'd say five days out of seven I don't spend a single thing. I haven't got enough money to be pissing it away on ephemeral ****!

ReputationRep:
    i hate shopping. no way i'll be going near the shops tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    People like wasting money.

ReputationRep:
    I love shopping ! I will be shopping online today and then off to Asda tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, my mum was like 'Do you need to go up town and get some more food? We've got stuff for xmas but not boxing day' but we have about 10 days worth of meals in the fridge and freezer lol.

It's a social thing, everyone seems to do it. Although I understand some of it in the few days run up. We had to get stuff on Wednesday for an xmas buffet, because any earlier my mum was busy with work or the stuff went out of date before today.

ReputationRep:
    Erm....yes?
    Some people just panic about the idea of shops shutting for a day or two and end up buying about a week's worth of bread/milk so they don't run out :p:

And people will want boxing day sales tomorrow!!
    • TSR Support Team

Someone texted me and said theres someone camping out by the shops already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Someone texted me and said theres someone camping out by the shops already
    Wow!

ReputationRep:
    Very easily.

ReputationRep:
    no. i havent been shopping for 47 hours so i gotta say goodbye now

(Original post by Rock Fan)
      You'd think the world has about to come to end with the amount of cars stacked up trying to get into the ASDA car park today, god the shops are only shut for a day or so. I put any money it will be the same on Boxing day with quite a few ASDA stores opening for the first time ever on a Boxing day.
      I do love it when people continue to purchase lots of items and complain about the evils of capitalism. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      I like shopping.

ReputationRep:
      Sure. I don't really like shopping.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      Easily. Christmas Day and Boxing Day are a good way to start.

ReputationRep:
      I don't understand why people care so much what other people do? If they want to camp outside Asda, then let them :dontknow:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.