Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.
    Am currently in Year 10.
    Studying 16 GCSEs with an A* already achieved in RE

Was wondering how difficult does it get as June of year 10 approaches and do the 2 years of GCSEs pass quickly?

I cant wait for Uni if i get in (Hopeful Medic)

ReputationRep:
    You think year 11 is tough ! wait till you get to college !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    Wait until you get to university!* :awesome:

* Not being serious, hate these "WAIT UNTIL..." comparisons.

It was a question, he didn't even say year 11 was tough!

~~~

Yeah, it does go quickly. It's fairly easy, but you'll do better if you put work into it, so go for it.

ReputationRep:
    It's easy, honest just get your head down revise and it'll be a doddle. You seem smart enough to get through it if you're a hopeful medic!

A-levels will determine the mice from the men! Argh got them next year!

Good luck with your GCSEs and medicine!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe your username OP...:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Year 10 was an absolute pisstake, but it was the policy of my school that no GCSEs should be taken early (except bilinguals doing a GCSE in their first/second language).
    In year 11 the pressure was on, but only because the teachers made it so. It took me a long time to work out that GCSEs count for **** all and that revision was for nothing. For medicine though, I hearbthey're important, so try and work hard .

ReputationRep:
    Personally I prefer AS Levels! Because it's only doing the subjects I like, as opposed to the compulsory AQA Anthology crap which I absolutely hated

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ username

16 GCSEs? Jebus. I'm only doing 9 o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    Hey all.
    Am currently in Year 10.

Was wondering how difficult does it get as June of year 10 approaches and do the 2 years of GCSEs pass quickly?

Yeah, it is. It isn't that tough - I only revised the night before for my Mocks and came out with my predicted grades in everything but Maths, but there will be times when you have to memorise 2,000 words of controlled assessment for History, 6 minutes worth of German speaking and do an RE end of unit test all on the friday, with an English GCSE exam on the Monday - the same day as the deadline for your Geography coursework and your french speaking. Ok, maybe not exactly like that, but you get the idea. You work in bursts (or at least I do) and if your reasonably clever you won't need to revise much, but it is good to keep on top of things and keep everything ticking over. The more you put in, the more you'll get out. That said, don't go crazy! It is much easier than A levels I am told and the work itself is fairly easy - just be prepared for the odd week when your ridiculously stressed! That's probably just my disorganisation though...

16? I think some may be btecs lol

ReputationRep:
    Not especially.
    It was a bit of a doss really, especially compared to college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I can't believe your username OP...:lolwut:
    Why? Being a 'Paki' is a life long commitment, you cannot opt out, therefore his Username is 100% an accurate description of himself.

ReputationRep:
    YES...it goes quickly.
    im currently in yeaR 11 I WOULDNT SAY ITS HARD BUT WAIT TILL U GO TO COLLEGE OR UNI THEN ULL SEE THE REAL MEANING OF TOUGH,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtomicMan)
    Lol @ username

16 GCSEs? Jebus. I'm only doing 9 o.O
    Well I AM DOING 13! HAHA! But I've failed =(

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.
    Am currently in Year 10.

Year 11 will be one of the best years of your life.

Enjoy GCSEs whilst you can, you can get great grades with relatively little effort (compared to AS and A2).

Just don't waste your education playing football and messing around in class like I did (hence the poor GCSEs )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    Year 10 was an absolute pisstake, but it was the policy of my school that no GCSEs should be taken early (except bilinguals doing a GCSE in their first/second language).
    In year 11 the pressure was on, but only because the teachers made it so. It took me a long time to work out that GCSEs count for **** all and that revision was for nothing. For medicine though, I hearbthey're important, so try and work hard .
    GCSEs are mostly meaningless unless you're applying for a very competitive course, i.e. medicine or a very competitive university, such as Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, Imperial or LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayostunner)
    LOL if you think college is tough.

ReputationRep:
    Year 10 isn't tough. As long as you do all of your coursework and be good, year 11 should be easy. But carefully plan your time because you'll find that year 11 goes awfully quick as well.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.
    Am currently in Year 10.

Its pretty easy to be honest...
    People seem to think coming home and studying a few hours automatically makes the course hard... no, no it doesn't.
    I started year 12 and its too easy. There is nothing you cant master if you put the hours in.

ReputationRep:
    Is it ****e. I got good grades with virtually no effort whatsoever.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.