Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I recently bought New Vegas, yet found it requires steam to download first. That is completely fine, yet I have a monthly download limit. Would this download off the disk, or would it take part of my download limit? I don't want to download it and find that it has used up part of my monthly limit.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseverance)
    Hey, I recently bought New Vegas, yet found it requires steam to download first. That is completely fine, yet I have a monthly download limit. Would this download off the disk, or would it take part of my download limit? I don't want to download it and find that it has used up part of my monthly limit.

Thanks
    The download of steam will come off your download limit, but this is only a small size. The data for New Vegas should be stored on the disk you got (you have it on a disk, right?) and so shouldn't impact your monthly download limit.

ReputationRep:
    The steam client is only 1.5MB according to the website, so no, it won't affect you really. It might even be included on the disk, I think this was the case for MW2. If you don't have steam, you should anyway, there are brilliant sales at the moment. If you haven't played half-life, L4D, and other valve games, make sure you buy the valve complete pack while it's still £25. Words can't convey how good value that bundle is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KissMyArtichoke)
    The steam client is only 1.5MB according to the website, so no, it won't affect you really. It might even be included on the disk, I think this was the case for MW2. If you don't have steam, you should anyway, there are brilliant sales at the moment. If you haven't played half-life, L4D, and other valve games, make sure you buy the valve complete pack while it's still £25. Words can't convey how good value that bundle is.

Thanks very much both of you!

And yes, I've been a member of Steam for over a year now. Although I don't take advantage of too many of the sales as I have to be careful with my monthly download limit.
    (Although I did buy BBC2 at the start of the sale )

ReputationRep:
    'Unlimited' downloads has it's benefits :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.