Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So its about 2 weeks before exams start, on all the past papers I have done nearly all my mistakes where stupid. I either miss bits out or type something wrong in my calculator.

This is really frustrating (not to sound big headed or anything) but I study literally non-stop and I really feel I deserve to get higher grades (since they are pretty low due to my lack of concentration).

Any tips on how to increase concentration and reduce the stupid mistakes which plague my performance?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I used to do stuff like that all the time.

What I do in exams, is after every question I re-read the question and if I've done everything it asks of me I put a little cross next to it. It helps me pick up on anything I might've missed.

Also, if I'm doing a really long sum on my calculator I always try and enter it twice just to check if it's right.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Re read the question and double check that your answer seems at least plausible. You can also check that your SI units match up if this is with science or mechanics.

I always type everything into my calculator twice now and in the safest possible way (bit by bit, and i will jot long numbers out on my paper if necessary so i can retype it back in) because it's worth it for me lol.

Hopefully you will also learn from your mistakes and take note of what you need to look out for - what you usually slip on and stuff like that

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.