Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone

Now its Christmas, the sales have of course started!

Where is everyone going to go and shop?!

Personally, I want to go to New Look to grab some heels, Topshop for a browse, and, (don't judge me) I want some JW trackies, definitely going to wait for them to reduce even further though - cheapskate ha!

So what about you?!

ReputationRep:
    You have to be quick- VAT will increase to 20 per cent on 4 January 2011, so don't expect to make many savings.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be off to Topshop and Cath Kidston And dragged around Debenhams etc. with my mum :p:

Although I've already got a few things from Topshop as the online sale started yesterday. The really annoying emails they send me actually paid off for once because I wouldn't have thought to check otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    I'm envious. Boxing Day doesn't even exist here, let alone crazed sales :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    Loads of topshop and h&m for me as I got gift cards for there this christmas

ReputationRep:
    just bought some ipod speakers online n jeans from asos PROPER SHOPPING TOMORROW

ReputationRep:
    spent nearly £50 on ASOS sale the other day...might go out for a browse but i'm completely broke tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    You have to be quick- VAT will increase to 20 per cent on 4 January 2011, so don't expect to make many savings.
    Wow you're killing the mood a bit there...many sales are before the 4th and even after the 4th, VAT only goes up by 2.5% - it's hardly cancelling out 40-80% reductions!

ReputationRep:
    Well I've spent like 200 at River Island, 100 on ASOS, 31 at Topman and 112 at Republic.
    So I've now only got Zara and H&M to rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Well I've spent like 200 at River Island, 100 on ASOS, 31 at Topman and 112 at Republic.
    So I've now only got Zara and H&M to rape.
    when does the Zara sale start?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be one of the shoppers that will be standing outside Next at 5 am just to get "the good stuff"

ReputationRep:
    NEXT has the best sale! Over 50% off all sale items.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, sales start tomorrow? i always thought they were sometime in january. i've never really bothered with them though. I DO need some new clothes though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    spent nearly £50 on ASOS sale the other day...might go out for a browse but i'm completely broke tbh
    Splashing out? I earn (net) about 6x that in a week, and I didn't go to Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatTheDuck)
    Splashing out? I earn (net) about 6x that in a week, and I didn't go to Uni.
    Good for you?

ReputationRep:
    I just bought the Giles Deacon Toni & Guy Weekender set off the Boots website, the bag is gorgeous and the hair products will be useful - it's down to £20 from £40.

http://www.boots.com/en/Giles-Deacon...r-Bag_1105120/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    So I've now only got Zara and H&M left to rape me
    fixed that for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowing)
    Good for you?
    Yes - cheers:-

"I know lets go to uni and make an acedemia out of life which is essentially survival, getting by and aquiring what you want..

Oh ****, there's a platitude of people doing that already, and I have no experience in real life"

This I dub, the student falacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatTheDuck)
    Yes - cheers.

I know lets go to uni and make an acedemia out of life which is essentially survival, getting by and aquiring what you want..

Oh ****, there's a platitude of people doing that already, and I have no experience in real life.

This I dub, the student falacy.
    Good for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowing)
    Good for you.
    Indeed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.