Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - A Christmas Carol - 25/12/10 - no future spoilers Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the episode?
    Excellent
    39.68%
    Good
    36.51%
    Poor
    15.87%
    Awful
    7.94%

Amy and Rory are trapped on a crashing space liner, and the only way The Doctor can rescue them is to save the soul of a lonely old miser, in a festive edition of the time-travelling adventure, written by Steven Moffat. But is Kazran Sardick, the richest man in Sardicktown, beyond redemption? And what is lurking in the fogs of Christmas Eve?

I'll add a poll once it has aired.

ReputationRep:
    I heard Michael 'Dumbledore' Gambon was in this episode - he's probably the 'lonely old miser' I suppose

ReputationRep:
    :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Dumbledore is in the episode . Actually, what I'm looking forward to is the trailer for series 6 at the end of the episode!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to it.

I've totally managed to avoid any spoilers about this episode, so know little of what's going to happen. It was the same for the first of the new series and also the last series and I think it helped me to enjoy it all so much more than when I read up on what was going to happen

ReputationRep:
    I hate these separate threads.

ReputationRep:
    :excited:

Oh ffs I forgot to make the thread again.

I'm really looking forward to this episode although I've been banished to the room with the small tv because everyone else wants to watch Emmerdale.

ReputationRep:
      I'm too excited. I already have my fez on.
      • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sleekchic)

I'm really looking forward to this episode although I've been banished to the room with the small tv because everyone else wants to watch Emmerdale.
      It's different in my house. It's the only time of year we force my parents to watch Emmerdale on the smaller TV upstairs and my sister and I watch Doctor Who on the big TV downstairs

(Original post by RK)
        It's different in my house. It's the only time of year we force my parents to watch Emmerdale on the smaller TV upstairs and my sister and I watch Doctor Who on the big TV downstairs
        Maybe I should try that. I could watch Doctor Who on the big TV downstairs with my brother and everyone else can watch it on the smaller TV upstairs. :beard:

ReputationRep:
        I'd actually rather watch it on a small screen in my bedroom than in the living room with the family... I appreciate it fully, whereas they're not as in to it and annoy me to no end with their incessant chatter D:<

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by sleekchic)

Same :rolleyes:
        • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
        :excited: Can't wait

It begins. :excited:

I got the chicken into the oven at the right minute. :proud:

ReputationRep:
          I've missed Amy :drool:

That episode failed. I supposed I over hyped it a little and it turned out to be the most boring episode of the new Matt Smith series :yawn:

I've never really been fussed about Christmas episodes anyway (discounting last year's specials).
            • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
            It was such a sad episode.

ReputationRep:
            I have no idea whether I liked it or not. In some respects I thought it was brilliant but others I thought it was really bad.

Submit reply
          TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
          Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
          Useful resources
        • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
          Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.