Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why is everyone getting a blackberry? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its so annoying, virtually everyone in my school has a blackberry, whats the point? Wheres the diversity if everyone has the same bloody brand of phone and Its not even that good.

Why are so many people starting to get Blackberrys?, Is it because its good? or Is it just a social trend thing?

I would like to hear people's opinions on this.

ReputationRep:
    Do you live in a black area by any chance? Also its because of Blackberry Messenger

ReputationRep:
    Because they're dumb and haven't heard about the winsauce of Android.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps they all hate Apple?

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone getting an iPhone?

Lol jk, iPhones are far more superior.

But my mum's willing to get my a Blackberry curve and pay the £25 a month contract for me, otherwise If wanted to get an iPhone I'll be looking to £35-£40 a month myself... So I'm not really complaining.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're all 'gasming over BBM, despite the fact there are alternatives to it on other platforms. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilzoldier)
    Its so annoying, virtually everyone in my school has a blackberry, whats the point? Wheres the diversity if everyone has the same bloody brand of phone and Its not even that good.

Why are so many people starting to get Blackberrys?, Is it because its good? or Is it just a social trend thing?

Because of the Blackberry Messenger (BBM)
    You can chat 24/7 for free (if you have internet).
    I live in Dubai and EVERYONE has it!!
    Some people even have blackberry + iphone :O

ReputationRep:
    I know! It pisses me off! Blackberries have been around for ages but they have mostly been used by business people in order to sent emails etc. Now all of a sudden, 16-19 year olds are getting blackberries like their the latest thing! They've been around for years people!

ReputationRep:
    Cause blackberries have better keypads.

ReputationRep:
    Do you even need to ask this question?

ReputationRep:
    It won't be long until iPhone comes out on top again, there's already a few apps that do what the Blackberry do just not enough people! Perhaps if there was an app native to the iPhone then it would be different.

ReputationRep:
    To prevent being socially awkward :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    because they're sheeps&follow fashion.

Iphone is way better.

(Original post by lilzoldier)

This!

Yeah, it's just a typical social trend and they've succumbed to seductions of capitalisms.

(Original post by jack06)
      Perhaps they all hate Apple?
      All have iPods as well.

ReputationRep:
      I got one because it was free and the tarriff was much better than my previous one. I hate it. I regret it. I can't wait to be rid of it.

ReputationRep:
      The wagon called band. A lot of people seem to be jumping on it

But it's cool though, I see the anti-blackberry groups on facebook and anti-BB sentiment some people have incl some friends, HTCs' and other android phones, I-phones are in at the moment just as much as BBs

ReputationRep:
      Yeah as said already in the thread its mainly because of the Blackberry Messenger - the whole BB pin thing was actually a ridiculously good marketing idea.. any phone would be capable of it but because Blackberry did it first they get the spoils.
      Would be interesting to see the figures of the amount of people who bought a Blackberry just because the boy/girl they like has one & they just want an extra way to communicate, I bet its in the hundreds of thousands

ReputationRep:
      Added to the BBM/Pin it's the luxury end of the QWERTY, and they were one of the first to push it to market, and the whole marketing geared towards business is very good and worked wonders, and then it slowly moved onto the social consumer aspect, and the wnabee businessmen teenagers, and the bubble just grew

ReputationRep:
      I have a Nokia 3310. DON.

ReputationRep:
      I've got my BB Storm for free. But I really hate it. Can't wait to get rid of it.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.