The Student Room Group

Bly2h, chy2h, phy2h

Anyone stared there revision for the Jan exams!.
Unit 2 AQA Exam in January;

Ive done, some revision in bio and chem but nothing in Physics yet. How about you guys?

Ive been doing some Biology test papers and always getting a B :frown:((( so that sux, I dont know why its those stuiped how science works questions.

And in chem its ok

and phys terrible, havent started any revision in it.

Scroll to see replies

What topics do you think will turn up?
Reply 2
AQA science is the worst examining body EVER. I wish you good luck, and oh.. Don't let the shrews get the better of you!
Reply 3
Original post by TheFootyKing19
What topics do you think will turn up?

shrews
Reply 4
Original post by king101

Ive done, some revision in bio and chem but nothing in Physics yet. How about you guys?

Ive been doing some Biology test papers and always getting a B :frown:((( so that sux, I dont know why its those stuiped how science works questions.

And in chem its ok

I've done P2 and I have C2 + B2 in January - revision is going okay but could be better.

If anybody wants any help with P2 (I got 100 UMS), PM me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by king101

Original post by king101

And in chem its ok

I've done **** all and intend to revise the day before the exams.
Past papers are the key. CGP revision guides are pretty good too.

The HSW questions are a pain, but you need to wrap your head around them. If you look at the past papers the questions seem to have become more HSW/data analysis based. Practice, practice, practice.
Reply 7
Did my mock exams about a week ago, chased up my science teachers for my results:
Biology: 30/45 (A)
Chemistry: 31/45 (A)
Physics: 39/45 (A*)

Past papers tend to stick if you get something wrong. The key is only look at the answers after you've finished the paper.
What topics do you think are most likely to turn up for the Bio B2 and Chem C2 Exams in January 2011*
Heyy
Does anyone know where I can get hold of 2007 Jan/June papers?
They don't seem to be on the AQA website...

thanks!
Original post by Miss Anonymous
Heyy
Does anyone know where I can get hold of 2007 Jan/June papers?
They don't seem to be on the AQA website...

thanks!

I'll try and get on my school's remote desktop later and attach these for you. :-)
Original post by gingerbreadman85

I'll try and get on my school's remote desktop later and attach these for you. :-)

thanks a lot!! :smile:
GingerBreadman could you also send it to me aswell please :smile:

Cheers
Sadly the '07 series was the "1" modules only by the look of it (must have been the first year of the current specification). So no B2/C2/P2 :frown:

We do however have the June '10 papers and mark schemes, which aren't up on the AQA site yet. I figure it's a bit late for most schools to do mocks with them (had ours in Nov), so have attached them for your pleasure.
Reply 14
I'm going to start revising tomorrow. I think. I did mocks for this one and got Bs in all three so hopefully I can bump them up a bit :smile:

Sadly the '07 series was the "1" modules only by the look of it (must have been the first year of the current specification). So no B2/C2/P2 :frown:

We do however have the June '10 papers and mark schemes, which aren't up on the AQA site yet. I figure it's a bit late for most schools to do mocks with them (had ours in Nov), so have attached them for your pleasure.

thanks for posting June 2010 papers!
I did mocks for Chemistry and Physics but didn't do one for biology

:smile:

Do you have mark schemes as well? thank you!!

+rep

Edit: just realised that I can't rep the same person twice.. i'll rep tomorrow :smile:

Edit again: by "didn't do one for biology", I don't mean I haven't done the mock "yet". I mean my teacher didn't set one up at all :p:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by AmyLH

Original post by AmyLH
I'm going to start revising tomorrow. I think. I did mocks for this one and got Bs in all three so hopefully I can bump them up a bit :smile:

good luck revising :smile:
I have mocks for other subjects in Jan along with my science unit2 exams :frown: wish the mocks were BEFORE Christmas...!

Mark schemes and grade boundaries :smile:

thank you soooooooo much! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Miss Anonymous
good luck revising :smile:
I have mocks for other subjects in Jan along with my science unit2 exams :frown: wish the mocks were BEFORE Christmas...!

Aww, all my mocks are done. Just got the 3 sciences and 1 english :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending