Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you wear big headphones(Dr Dre's or skullcandy etc..) in public? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey Merry Christmas everyone too,although I'm sure you've heard it a million times today already,god knows I have :P

I got a chunky big ass pair of headphones for christmas,and the sound quality is amazing,and being an absoloute music addict,it was basically just heaven for me

But,I was wondering,although I love them,would I look like a complete idiot if I wore them outside i.e on the bus,walking places etc..

I'm a skinny pale girl with dark blonde hair and yeah,a kinda vintagey fashion sense.that sounded poserish I know,but hey :P

So,opinions.....?

Skullcandy are pretty crappy sound quality,its not looks,its the sound I go for,mine are a big Bose pair.

I personally don't like them at all because it's something big and chunky on my head but I don't suppose many people will judge. And if they do then who cares?

ReputationRep:
      I got the beats by dre, lebron version.

ReputationRep:
      I too am blonde, skinny and reasonably pale; I wear my "chunky" headphones on a daily basis though the colours aren't too extravagant, as far as I know I've not been judged though it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if it was to occur.

ReputationRep:
      Being ever the pessimist, are they not just a huge neon sign saying - "Rob me, I have an mp3 player/smartphone."

ReputationRep:
      umm the only point of buying skullcandy is if you like the look

they're really awful sound quality, you're just paying for how they look

ReputationRep:
      No one cares.

ReputationRep:
      No because those who do are generally pretentious hipsters.

ReputationRep:
      Only hipsters like listening to music.

ReputationRep:
      anyone who owns Dres or skull Candys are generally *****, nevermind wearing them in public.

ReputationRep:
      Nah, I see people doing it all the time. Personally wouldn't because I'd find it incredibly hard to do things like cross a road with them on (and they wouldn't fit over my hair) but if you're only worried about the look then go for it, it's fairly common.

ReputationRep:
      you won't be aware of your surrounding so may have a higher chance of being mugged. :dontknow: I'd rather wear earphones

ReputationRep:
      I much prefer the look of large headphones. Wear them with pride girl.

ReputationRep:
      Most people just wear it around the neck, kind of destroys the point of having headphones dont ya think

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't wear big headphones in public, it looks silly and you won't be able to hear cars or anybody around you.

ReputationRep:
      yeah, i use my huge ones when my little in ear ones die (or more commonly get lost)

they're good in the winter, keep your ears nice and warm

ReputationRep:
      As with the above I use mine for warmth too; you're combining earmuffs with music and the result is great.

ReputationRep:
      My friend crochets covers for headphones

ReputationRep:
      I prefer headphones to earphones, so yeah i do.

ReputationRep:
      Nah, they look silly IMO.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.