Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect a huge membership, this being a English forum and all.

But this is a Society for those of us students that do hunt, weather it be deer, boar, bear, or wabbit.

Discuss anything from your favourite stalks and areas, to equipment and failures.

Post pictures if you would like!

ReputationRep:
    Bit low on the numbers still? xD

Ill start us off then!

Well i do quite a bit of ratting, rabbiting and the ocasional pheasant. Its nothing spectacular but the again its not a big thing in my area!

What do you use? I have a few .22lr's, a barretta perenia and an smle and mauser 98k which i dont use other than for targets!
    I have some .177 and .22 air rifles and pistols....

ReputationRep:
    Shame on you both. Do a proper sport. Freaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Shame on you both. Do a proper sport. Freaks
    Why shame on us? What i do at least is kill vermin and pests that destroy peoples land, spread disease and cost this country loads in repairs and pest control-sure, hunting can be a sport but in my case its more a neccessity. I guess the animal being furry and "cute" means its bad to you?

you say do a proper sport? Well what is a "proper Sport" then? Is this based on your idea of 'skill' thats involved, its popularity, money? what? Or is it just the fact that you dont like shooting that means its shamefull and that people that do it are "freaks"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kris_)
    Bit low on the numbers still? xD

Ill start us off then!

Well i do quite a bit of ratting, rabbiting and the ocasional pheasant. Its nothing spectacular but the again its not a big thing in my area!

What do you use? I have a few .22lr's, a barretta perenia and an smle and mauser 98k which i dont use other than for targets!
    I have some .177 and .22 air rifles and pistols....
    I don't hunt with Rifles, I had a .177 back in the day though.

I Bow hunt and im using a Hoyt Katera at the moment, it's got such punch and has really improved my clean kill rate for Deer and larger game.

ReputationRep:
    When you say bow hunt are you talking like a longbow or crossbow?

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy shooting the odd rabbit or 2, maybe even some pheasant and pidgeon. Makes for a great game pie! Do alot of clay pidgeon shooting too down local club. I have a browning over and under shotgun, and rifle (I use my dads' can't remember it's name :P). And to people who think were freaks or cruel - seriously you hypocrites, you don't surely think that all meat come in polystyrene packs down your local supermarkets do you? seriously? Grow up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    When you say bow hunt are you talking like a longbow or crossbow?
    Recurve or Compound bow.(a quick Google or checking out my profile will bring up pics or descriptions)

ReputationRep:
    I shoot rabbits sometimes. I think I used an ancient West German .22 last time

ReputationRep:
    Shameless Bump

ReputationRep:
    even more shameless bump

ReputationRep:
    An exceptionally shamless bump.

ReputationRep:
    I don't hunt, but i'd be all over a shooting society, which I suspect would also interest some of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sazzz)
    I don't hunt, but i'd be all over a shooting society, which I suspect would also interest some of you.
    I have shot in the past, and given the money my wife and I plan to join a local club.
    But I mainly hunt with a Bow so it's not a big a deal to me as you would think.

Saying that I thought there was a TSR shooting soc, sure I guy from Sunderland started one years back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    I have shot in the past, and given the money my wife and I plan to join a local club.
    But I mainly hunt with a Bow so it's not a big a deal to me as you would think.

Saying that I thought there was a TSR shooting soc, sure I guy from Sunderland started one years back.
    I couldn't find anything when I looked, although I may be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    If you have a valid reason, such as pest control, or you eat the animals you shoot, I don't see anything wrong with that.

We're having major problems with foxes around us, so I'm getting an application in for a .243, and .17HMR. We have around 35 acres, smack bang in the middle of nowhere, with no houses or main roads within miles, so there should be no problem.

I used to hunt rabbits and hares with my .22 S410, but haven't in the last few years.

We live on a farm, and are planting christmas tree saplings on one of our fields, obviously to grow and sell. Deers are the main threat to saplings, so an application for a .308 may be in order!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mohid Khan)
    Hi guys
    A very much delayed "Hello"

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what do you hunt?
    Mostly deer up in the Highlands and around the moor's but Ive been known to try my hand at bird and small vermin as well rabbit/badger/squirrel.

I was once blessed enough to be able to hunt oryx in Africa, which I can safely say was one of the best moments of my life.

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
    Mostly deer up in the Highlands and around the moor's but Ive been known to try my hand at bird and small vermin as well rabbit/badger/squirrel.

I was once blessed enough to be able to hunt oryx in Africa, which I can safely say was one of the best moments of my life.

Yourself?
    man ur lucky,
    im in a dense city with no ground for like 100miles, so i just watch videos and read articles.

How much did it cost you to get a license?

ReputationRep:
    man ur lucky,
    im in a dense city with no ground for like 100miles, so i just watch videos and read articles.

How much did it cost you to get a license?
    Nothing, you just get it from the game keeper or land owner for culling. Any cost there may be is covered by them as you provide a service.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.