Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could someone analyse this situation for me. Many thanks! Watch

ReputationRep:
    During the last three weeks i have been getting friendly with a girl i met in one of my biochemistry lectures at uni. its fair to say we have been getting along really well. Her and myself have had many great conversations, i bought her dinner, and generally getting on really well. Nothing to serious, generally in the field of getting to know one another and we seem to have lots of common interests. We have each others phone numbers, so we can contact to meet up etc etc. The date we had went great, we chatted, we laughed and generally had a great time. So to speak it was casual, none of the 'drooling over each other kinda of notion'. After this date we arranged to meet up the weekend after, to go out for the day. Also catch up together on some uni work.

Now the uncertainty starts just before we brake up for xmas holidays. This girl and myself were due to meet up for the weekend, and consequently i was going to use this weekend to plan something really special. I was planning to ask her out, before i ended up in the 'friend zone'. Unfortunately she hadn't realised she was driving her mum down to wales to see her ill nan. So i texted back and said 'no worries, perhaps another time, hope everything in Wales goes ok' . That was the end of it.

A week goes by, i never hear anything from her. So i assumed she needed time to recover from her trip in Wales, so i gave her space. A week goes by and i ring her up, to see if she wanted to still meet up 'No answer'

So i let another week go by, still no answer, so i try give her a ring 'No answer' By this time 2 weeks later i accept maybe she has changed her phone as no one keeps their phone switched off for 2+ weeks, unless they lost it, broke it, or couldn't afford a new one.

At this point in time i am not really sure what to be thinking. I was hoping se would get in touch with me over xmas. I sent her an email wishing her a merry xmas etc etc, just casual, nothing unexpected that you wouldn't get from a normal friend. My close friends suggest she has a new phone? but if this is the case, why wouldn't she send me her new number perhaps?

The question is, i am confused at this point. I thought things were going really well and heading in a firm direction, yet i am left with no response from her at all. Which my friend seems to think is rude. I was planning to go up and have a chat with her when i get back to uni, but i am really not sure what is going on. Either way if she wasn't interested anymore it would be nice to send an email or text to let me know otherwise. At the moment i am left clueless.

Have i done something wrong? is their a reason why she would just suddenly 'cut' contact with me after these weeks and leave me stranded without any explanation? am i thinking to deep into this? or has she just screwed me over?

Many thanks. just need some advice on which direction i should take next. I really like this girl and i don't want to give up, just because i have heard nothing from her, as this may not necessarily be a bad thing. If i look at things, i haven't really hinted to her that i wanted to ask her out? perhaps i need to make this clearer once i get back to uni?
    • TSR Support Team

Maybe her Nan took a turn for the worse, I suggest leaving it a bit and see if she gets back in touch.

ReputationRep:
    If she does not get in touch by the end of the xmas holidays, i have 2 weeks left before i hit uni again. Do i ask her how things are going? when i get back to uni?

ReputationRep:
    If she liked you, she'd make sure you'd have her new numb.

Or would've at least kept in contact.

Sorry man, but luckily there are more women in the world than men, you'll get over it.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, a bit cowardly just not saying anything?

ReputationRep:
    Any input from the women thanks

ReputationRep:
    There are a few possibilities, I agree with the guy that commented also, it could be that her gran has had a turn for the worse, if that's the case then it is acceptable for her not to have contacted you, it could have really shocked her (however this is only hypothetical).

Orrr maybe the time away from your friendship has made her realise that she has some type of feelings for you and that has made her panic a bit?!

It's a really hard thing because you don't know what has gone on, what if she has lost her phone? and she doesn't see the importance in buying a new one, maybe she'll get a new one for xmas?

The possibilities are endless, just relax until you see her at uni, I bet, from experience, you were worrying about nothing

ReputationRep:
    What if, now this might sound mean, she had a car accident and is in a coma in hospital?

Or something happened and she is unreachable right now? Just wait and see when you get back to uni?

ReputationRep:
    DubarryGroom, why would she panic if she liked me, i dont understand that logic? it would be nice if this was the case : D

ReputationRep:
    Women are mysterious creatures, you never know whats going on in her head

ReputationRep:
    she might have died

ReputationRep:
    There are may possibilites: mabye her nan has taken a turn for the worse, mabye she does not want to talk to you or mabye she does not know what to say. My advice to you is to leave it for now, she might even get back to you but until then leave it for now and when you go back to uni talk to her. You shouldnt feel anxiety or anything as you have not done anything wrong

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.