Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dianetics (Scientology) / Psychology / Psychiatry Therapy sessions. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Note to modes: I posted this in two forums on purpose, please keep them both, thanks).

HAS ANYONE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH DIANETICS or PSYCHOLOGY or PSYCHIATRY THERAPY SESSIONS?

Do you have some good info about Dianetics? (Even bad stuff) I really want to hear more about it.
    Do you know someone who have been on the Dianetics Sessions? (Both good and bad experiences)

For as long as I remember myself I was shy and quiet. I was bullied in school and even physically abused.
    I have some traumas and their effects bother me. I tend to be sad and vulnerable, sometimes out of the blue. My self esteem is still low and I find it hard to communicate with people I don't know.

When I was 13 I tried to kill myself because of the bullies. Just gave up on life. Because my brother stopped me my parents didn't even know it until i was 17. Then I went to a psychologist and psychiatrist and was almost half a year on anti-depressants, never liked that idea but gave it a chance and it helped, of course with a help of good friends and some support, but still it helped.

I have some bad days every now and then and still feel the effects of the traumas I had. I had a small break down in the university last week and thought I need some help.

The day after that a course-mate invited me to a presentation stand of Dianetics. She doesn't know anything about my past and traumas and stuff. So it was really shocking. Anyways, I was invited by the person there to see a video and hear some explanation about Dianetics.
    Yesterday I went to see the video and it really shows that the Dianetics is like everything I have ever wanted to do to help me....

The video claim that traumas stay in your mind making you act unwillingly and making you feel bad, many of them are even not known by you....

Making long story short... Dianetics is claim to offer me the real solution to my problems. Yet is sounds too good to be true.

The catch is: They offer to buy 5 session hours (2-3 sessions of the therapy), the price is OK, yet it is 5 hours. If it will make things worse I don't know what would I do. Basically I don't like psychologists (had bad experience with them), and if this stuff doesn't work I will probably go back to anti-depressants which I don't want to do.

HAS ANYONE HAD GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH DIANETICS or PSYCHOLOGY or PSYCHIATRY THERAPY SESSIONS?

Do you have some good info about Dianetics? (Even bad stuff) I really want to hear more about it.
    Do you know someone who have been on the Dianetics Sessions? (Both good and bad experiences)

Tom Cruise does......look what happened to his brain now.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cybergrad)
      Tom Cruise does......look what happened to his brain now.
      I should delete mentioning Scientology....

Dianetics is something a bit more realistic... well it seems so at least.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      :rofl:

Aliens and thetons and all the rest. :mmm: Yeah I totally think you can trust them!

ReputationRep:
      Dianetics is utter nonsense and preys on those gullible enough to buy into it.

Stick to proper healthcare professionals.
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      See your GP and ask to be referred to a counsellor/CBT practitioner. Or else see if there are any organisations offering free counselling in your area.

ReputationRep:
      Stay away from odious cults like Scientology and go to a qualified medical professional.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sabertooth)
      :rofl:

Aliens and thetons and all the rest. :mmm: Yeah I totally think you can trust them!
      To be fair, I find it far easier to believe in aliens than in an invisible, undetectable God that built everything from nothing then just disappeared and left us to it.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by callum9999)
      To be fair, I find it far easier to believe in aliens than in an invisible, undetectable God that built everything from nothing then just disappeared and left us to it.
      I find it easier to believe in neither. :dontknow:

(Original post by Kathy89)
        I should delete mentioning Scientology....

Dianetics is something a bit more realistic... well it seems so at least.
        "Dianetics is a set of ideas and practices regarding the metaphysical relationship between the mind and body that was invented by the science fiction author L. Ron Hubbard and are practised by followers of Scientology."

Go figure

The guy was a sci fi writer.

Some people get sucked into star wars

some star trek.

These guys got sucked into a big Hubbard fiction.

ReputationRep:
        "You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion." - L. Ron Hubbard

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.