The Student Room Group

Worst Christmas ever, How do I turn it around?

k so been home all day, alone not eaten.
whilst my family are all at a gathering enjoying themselves.

I didn't sleep well at all last night n been feeling rough all day, ( been sick etc )
Had an absolutely **** christmas eve, betrayed by one "friend" now complete strangers know about my health problems, one continues to blank me ever since I last met her can't even answer a reply or leave a message ( all I asked was if she had recieved her xmas card) then the guy I was kinda with had bad argument / ended everything.

Though managed to resolve problem with the latter ( I think)
Xmas morning managed to get worse, bad nausea dodgy tummy regardless was determined to get ready to go out for family dinner open presents been excited about a camera, want to start photography seriously.
Though my parents couldn't afford the camera I would have liked, I told them its fine AND DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVES, so they said they would put money towards the one I wanted, sO i said OKay fine. But ofc My dad totally ignored that n went ahead and bought a camera anwyay, 130 quid wasted on ****e.
The quality is absolutely ****, utterly useless for photography laggy shutter speed the actual picture quality is worse than my lg cookie phone camera...

What the **** do I say?
They're still out, they all went down to gt things ready and my dad came to collect me but I was sick ( he never believes im sick, until im literally in a hospital) this morning, he cursed me saying I had ruined everything blahblah insults and probably went back and told everyone I was too lazy to come.

6.15pm still not heard from them, I feel absolutely awful.

tl;dr
My christmas ruined, family hates me, n' a gift I can't even use or explain its fault without sounding like an ungrateful bitch.
Reply 1
I have nothing helpful to say really. But I do feel for you, have a text hug. (>'.')>
Reply 2
just return the gift and put that money towards the camera you want don't throw a hissy fit, and you're never too sick for Christmas, you could have at least made an appearance
Reply 3
Pif. Ungrateful lazy...

You could have at least gone. Stop feeling so sorry for yourself, you had a perfectly good opportunity to have a nice Christmas, even if you didn't feel 100% - yet you decided to stay home and post your woes on TSR....

Just be grateful you COULD have had a nice Christmas, others dont have that privilege. It's your fault you wasted it.
I appreciate that cameras for professionals/semi professionals aren't cheap, but £130 on a camera and it can't be that bad! I'm sure it could be useful even its just taking holiday snapshots, or using it as a backup for another, better camera you might get in the future?
Reply 5
manthe****up.gif is needed.
Reply 6
Why not get a receipt for the camera and take it back and get a credit voucher which can go towards the camera you want?

Just say to your parents, it aint working properly and that you need the receipt to get a replacement?

Then say that there were no more left cos they sold out during the sale so you got given a credit note/refund?

:smile:
Reply 7
You're not helping yourself by being a whiny biatch.
Christ you ungrateful so and so. Most families don't have £130 to spend on their entire christmas. Go and enjoy spending time with your family you dozy mare.
Well you cant change the past. So maybe forget about it all and stay happy :smile: Try to think of your best memories. :biggrin:
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
k so been home all day, alone not eaten.
whilst my family are all at a gathering enjoying themselves.

I didn't sleep well at all last night n been feeling rough all day, ( been sick etc )
Had an absolutely **** christmas eve, betrayed by one "friend" now complete strangers know about my health problems, one continues to blank me ever since I last met her can't even answer a reply or leave a message ( all I asked was if she had recieved her xmas card) then the guy I was kinda with had bad argument / ended everything.

Though managed to resolve problem with the latter ( I think)
Xmas morning managed to get worse, bad nausea dodgy tummy regardless was determined to get ready to go out for family dinner open presents been excited about a camera, want to start photography seriously.
Though my parents couldn't afford the camera I would have liked, I told them its fine AND DO NOT BUY ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVES, so they said they would put money towards the one I wanted, sO i said OKay fine. But ofc My dad totally ignored that n went ahead and bought a camera anwyay, 130 quid wasted on ****e.
The quality is absolutely ****, utterly useless for photography laggy shutter speed the actual picture quality is worse than my lg cookie phone camera...

What the **** do I say?
They're still out, they all went down to gt things ready and my dad came to collect me but I was sick ( he never believes im sick, until im literally in a hospital) this morning, he cursed me saying I had ruined everything blahblah insults and probably went back and told everyone I was too lazy to come.

6.15pm still not heard from them, I feel absolutely awful.

tl;dr
My christmas ruined, family hates me, n' a gift I can't even use or explain its fault without sounding like an ungrateful bitch.

There isn't anything you can do about the betrayal of the friend, but with the camera, you can either keep it and buy another, or tell your dad that you wanted a specific kind of camera, and as nice as it was of him to get you the bad camera, could you have the receipt back to get the one you actually want.

Maybe you should go and spend some time with your family though, it's Christmas. :biggrin: :santa3:
(edited 13 years ago)
Think of all the people over in africa who don't have a good source of clean water. And you complain, because your picture quality isn't good enough? Ungrateful b*tch.
Reply 12
It isn't about its not good enough, its the fact they've spent that type of money on somthing,
That isn't worth the price.
But yes I agree, whining though.
Eating christmas dinner, travelling when you have upset tummy/throwing up not a good idea!
First of all, Have an asprin.
Secondly, STOP FELLING SORRY FOR YOURSELF!!!
Thirdly, Call your family and ask them when they will be back. Tidy up the house and look at good family movies on the tv. Play some music. Chill. You could get out some snaks like doritos and crackers. If you have any presents for your family, put them in a nice line! If they are not coming for ages, Find a friend you can call (or a family member if you are a loner lol) Get out a movie! Play christmas songs to get in a festive mood ( use spotify free if you have not got any). Think of those in poor countriees that are luck to get a drink of water if they are lucky!!! All the best, Hopeyou manage to have good christmas. p.s, If worst comes to worst, Get a good nights sleep so you can have a better boxing day!!!
Reply 14
How old are you?
Reply 15
anyways resolved now, close please (:
think I ranted morethan anything, sorry.

Latest

Trending

Trending