Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Original CV removed.

It needs to be edited but feel free to give any constructive advice/criticism on my CV - I have applied for work experience at some corporate law firms and I need to submit my CV by next week.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have edited my CV after some helpful advice - http://rapidshare.com/files/439248056/CV_2011_TSR.docx

ReputationRep:
    The layout is not right..... would you like me to fix it, seeing as I'm starting work experience at a law firm soon ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Memo100)
    The layout is not right..... would you like me to fix it, seeing as I'm starting work experience at a law firm soon ;p
    I knew the layout was totally messed up - it would be great if you could do that! Where are you doing your work experience?

I have done about a month's worth for some local firms but am looking for corporate law work experience with big firms. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Part A)
    I knew the layout was totally messed up - it would be great if you could do that! Where are you doing your work experience?

I have done about a month's worth for some local firms but am looking for corporate law work experience with big firms. Thank you!
    Clifford chance, i had an interview there on wednesday and the lady was telling me about all the CVs she got from graduates and how rubbish they were lol she said she'll let me have a read one day ;p

i'll fix and email it ok?

ReputationRep:
    Clifford chance, i had an interview there on wednesday and the lady was telling me about all the CVs she got from graduates and how rubbish they were lol she said she'll let me have a read one day ;p

i'll fix and email it ok?
    Yeah that'd be great thank you so much!

and how did you get work experience at Clifford Chance? unless you're at university or have contacts? ! x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that'd be great thank you so much!

and how did you get work experience at Clifford Chance? unless you're at university or have contacts? ! x
    my brother use to work there but they only promised to meet me, obviously they thought i was good enough because if they didn't they wouldn't have risked it just to do my bro a favour

ReputationRep:
    my brother use to work there but they only promised to meet me, obviously they thought i was good enough because if they didn't they wouldn't have risked it just to do my bro a favour
    Ah I thought it would be something like that. I've applied for some work placement scheme at a few corporate law firms but none as prestigious as CC. Would they accept applicants who don't have brothers working there do you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    You could try the CV Help forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    You could try the CV Help forum.
    I have

ReputationRep:
    Ah I thought it would be something like that. I've applied for some work placement scheme at a few corporate law firms but none as prestigious as CC. Would they accept applicants who don't have brothers working there do you reckon?
    All i can say is that your CV has to be the bees knees, do you have to email them with a cover letter? thats what i had to do. If not, do it anyway

ReputationRep:
    All i can say is that your CV has to be the bees knees, do you have to email them with a cover letter? thats what i had to do. If not, do it anyway
    Hi, I know! What is your CV like?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know! What is your CV like?
    Its pretty awesome ;p lol i'm on a gap yr now so I'll get to add proper work experience to it, whereas before it was full of retail work

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty awesome ;p lol i'm on a gap yr now so I'll get to add proper work experience to it, whereas before it was full of retail work

Ah, I'm also thinking of doing a Gap year to boost my application! Where are you doing it? and thanks for your tips on my CV, editing it now!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I'm also thinking of doing a Gap year to boost my application! Where are you doing it? and thanks for your tips on my CV, editing it now!
    Ur welcome, yh its a great idea, travel, work, earn money, hopefully it'll be a yr well spent

ReputationRep:
    Taken out address for privacy but left email and phone number in? Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roflhahalol)
    Taken out address for privacy but left email and phone number in? Lol
    Haha, yep

ReputationRep:
    Name, email and phone number left in?

Excellent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    Name, email and phone number left in?

Excellent.
    New EDITED CV - http://www.2shared.com/file/l87GVxN7/CV_2011_TSR.html

ReputationRep:
    Personal statement is too much.
    And thats coming from someone who has reviewed plenty of CVs for people on here..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roflhahalol)
    Personal statement is too much.
    And thats coming from someone who has reviewed plenty of CVs for people on here..
    Hmm, I might include it as part of my covering letter then. x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.