Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I haven't come across a thread about the economics exam in jan 2010 for As!
    Anyone taking that exam!? I am finding it quite hard...! Any question,help!?
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patra)
    Hey guys,

x
    Hey, I did this exam two years ago - its the easiest economics exam you'll sit! Hope it goes well! Revise definitions, diagrams and essays!

ReputationRep:
    understand what is meant by a 'competitive market' and explain the role of a market in allocating scarce resources; .. from the OCR spec
    I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT .. anyone care to explain ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patra)
    Hey guys,

x
    It really isn't too bad. Did it last year, and I thought I had majorly cocked up some questions. Turned out I got an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    It really isn't too bad. Did it last year, and I thought I had majorly cocked up some questions. Turned out I got an A
    do you have any notes that could be helpful....I have 10 days and haven't got a clue on where to start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by patra)
    do you have any notes that could be helpful....I have 10 days and haven't got a clue on where to start!
    I've got notes, but they're all on paper ! Plus I need them for my A2 Micro exam - it's synoptic you see. But I have some notes on my computer for the AS Macro exam....message me when you need those and I'll send them to you

ReputationRep:
    we allwed to tlk abt this exam yet!?
    • PS Helper

(Original post by shorty123)
    Yes - OCR exams are only taken in the UK (thus at the same time).

I thought it was quite a good paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shorty123)
    what did you write for last 18 marker questions? could you write about tradable permits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sukhman)
    what did you write for last 18 marker questions? could you write about tradable permits?
    I wrote about them but only for like one paragraph

ReputationRep:
    what else did you write about then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_cat)
    I wrote about them but only for like one paragraph

ReputationRep:
    trading permits is a regulation so thats what the magority of your paper should have been on. than say what else the government can do such as a tax.

ReputationRep:
    How taxes could be imposed on firms emitting high levels of carbon. Also how the government could subsides firm in order for them to invest in new technology/equiptment so the emit less carbon.
    what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ugg)
    trading permits is a regulation so thats what the magority of your paper should have been on. than say what else the government can do such as a tax.
    mate r u sure tradeble permit is a regulations ?. everyone saying it isnt to me.
    • PS Helper

(Original post by ugg)
    Surely regulation and tradable permits are different things? There are too many solutions to talk about them all, the bulk should be evaluation of regulation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_cat)
    How taxes could be imposed on firms emitting high levels of carbon. Also how the government could subsides firm in order for them to invest in new technology/equiptment so the emit less carbon.
    what about you?
    yeh i talked about other regulations such as fine, banning, licence requirement and tax. i didnt talk about subsidies.

ReputationRep:
    The exam was easy! Plus it was about Maldives! Yay!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i talked about other regulations such as fine, banning, licence requirement and tax. i didnt talk about subsidies.
    That should be fine, i gave banning and fines as examples to. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Groat)
    Surely regulation and tradable permits are different things? There are too many solutions to talk about them all, the bulk should be evaluation of regulation.
    in my ocr economics book by the man who rights this exam says "therefore tradable permits is a regulation"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.