Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, out of my five choices I have got four offers. (Check sig)

I haven't got a reply from Warwick but I am fairly certain that it is going to be a rejection which I'm fine with.

Anyway, I am pretty certain I would be very happy in Aberystwyth and am 90% sure that it will be my insurance but am wondering what I should pick as my firm.

Lancaster or Cardiff?

Lancaster

-Generally higher ranked (I know people say table ranks are irrelevant but it has a better record).
    -I think I like the idea of the college system.
    -It is near the Lake District and very far away from where I am now which is nice as it is a different scene. I currently live in Cornwall, the land of the farmers.
    -Campus Uni.

Cardiff

-In the city so easier to get a job.
    -Better nightlife.
    -Closer to home which means I can get home easier.
    -I know quite a few people who are applying (I don't know if this is good or bad)
    -I think I might enjoy the sociology aspect slightly more than criminology.

There is probabbly more that I could add but am not sure what. I know people say not to base decision on nightlife but it isn't exactly the main factor, just something I want to take into account.

I realise I put down the distance from home as a point for both, I'm not sure which I would prefer.

Anyway, from you experiences, did you enjoy Cardiff/Lancaster? Would you recommend one? Does anyone have experience of both universities?

Cheers guys.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.