Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I return this faulty H&m jumper without a receipt? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay I bought a jumper to wear on Christmas day the other week, washed it the other day and went to put it on today only to realise it has shrunk about 4 sizes. It's 80% wool but my mother washed it as indicated :yep:. This has happened to a few items I have bought from there now too (all lamb's wool), but I have always kept the receipt b4.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll be able to exchange it but not return.

ReputationRep:
    They could just argue that you didn't follow the washing instructions?

I know someone on heres gonna say something about a receipt not being the only form of proof of purchase..

I doubt refund, exchange? Yes probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Okay I bought a jumper to wear on Christmas day the other week, washed it the other day and went to put it on today only to realise it has shrunk about 4 sizes. It's 80% wool but my mother washed it as indicated :yep:. This has happened to a few items I have bought from there now too (all lamb's wool), but I have always kept the receipt b4.
    It often says on the receipts that you will get vouchers without a receipt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roflhahalol)
    They could just argue that you didn't follow the washing instructions?

I know someone on heres gonna say something about a receipt not being the only form of proof of purchase..

I doubt refund, exchange? Yes probably
    Trust me it was washed properly. It's happened multiple times now and it's pissing me off because I really liked the tops b4 they were washed. Why the hell do they sell these garments if you can't wash the damn things. My mum said it was washed on the lowest possible setting.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me it was washed properly. It's happened multiple times now and it's pissing me off because I really liked the tops b4 they were washed. Why the hell do they sell these garments if you can't wash the damn things. My mum said it was washed on the lowest possible setting.
    Tell them that then, say your a loyal customer blah blah blah (you get the point) and it will probably enable you to get an exchange perhaps?

All the best

ReputationRep:
    At Debenhams we would only exchange it for you, so I assume its the same there :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JmJtr)
    At Debenhams we would only exchange it for you, so I assume its the same there :dontknow:
    Are you working tomorrow? Also for the sale do you bring new stuff in or just more of the same clothes pre-christmas?

ReputationRep:
    Are you working tomorrow? Also for the sale do you bring new stuff in or just more of the same clothes pre-christmas?
    Yes I am, long ****ing day aswel. . And both new and old.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.