Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

On Blackberry contract but thinking about buying an Iphone 3gs Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me?

I currently have a blackberry curve and its a bit dodgy, so im thinking about buying an iphone with some money i have been saving up and some christmas money.

My contract for the blackberry has about another year i think, so if i buy an iphone can i put the simcard from my blackberry into it and it'll just be the same?

Hope that makes sense, im not very good at explaining myself

Will also go into the orange shop when i get a day off work and ask!

Thankyouu

ReputationRep:
    As long as the iPhone you buy is either unlocked or on the same network as your BB, then it should work fine. Good choice btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    As long as the iPhone you buy is either unlocked or on the same network as your BB, then it should work fine. Good choice btw.
    Oooh i really hope so! hmm think maybe the internet would charge me more though because i think my contract is 'blackberry internet'
    Thats the main thing i need to ask about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_T)
    Oooh i really hope so! hmm think maybe the internet would charge me more though because i think my contract is 'blackberry internet'
    Thats the main thing i need to ask about
    Well I'm pretty sure with BlackBerry, you need normal mobile internet but you also need BlackBerry internet for things like BBM and email, etc. But if you go on websites using the browser on your BB you'll definitely be able to on your iPhone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Well I'm pretty sure with BlackBerry, you need normal mobile internet but you also need BlackBerry internet for things like BBM and email, etc. But if you go on websites using the browser on your BB you'll definitely be able to on your iPhone.
    Awww thankyouuu

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can do this, I did the same, but you should ring up your network provider (Orange, O2 etc) and inform them that you no longer need the blackberry data package for push email, bbm, app world etc and ask them to take it off and just leave you with bog-standard internet browsing. That'll save you £5 a month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophisticated)
    Yes you can do this, I did the same, but you should ring up your network provider (Orange, O2 etc) and inform them that you no longer need the blackberry data package for push email, bbm, app world etc and ask them to take it off and just leave you with bog-standard internet browsing. That'll save you £5 a month!
    Oooh i hope that is the same for me
    Would be good!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered why you want to get an iphone 3GS ? For the same price you can get the HTC Desire, a massively superior phone, currently rated as best phone out in the world (yes, better than the iphone4 too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markuk99)
    Just wondered why you want to get an iphone 3GS ? For the same price you can get the HTC Desire, a massively superior phone, currently rated as best phone out in the world (yes, better than the iphone4 too)
    I have an ipod touch im going to sell, i enjoy having my ipod touch would just prefer having my phone/ipod all in one. Also i know how to use it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.