Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Christmas Jumpers: Yay or Nay? Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    as the title says guys! yay or nay?

and i'm talking about the seriously tacky ones, you know the really chunky knitted ones with reindeers and snowman and snowflakes!

personally, i love them! it depends on what you wear with them but then again my fashion sense is a bit odd
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Nay.

Christmas ends in 4 hours.

ReputationRep:
    They are cute and christmassy, so why not.

ReputationRep:
    absolute yay

ReputationRep:
    For a bit of fun: yes.
    For all other occasions: never.

But then again, I've never had a Christmas jumper.

ReputationRep:
    You'd look like a bit of a **** if you were wearing one from tomorrow until next November

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, my Ma bought be one with owls on it.

I like owls.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    obv only for in and around the christmas period - but they are brilliant for wearing over pj's on a cold winters night!

ReputationRep:
    I was yay as of the 24/12/2009. When, the next day, i received a green wooly one with a penguin on it and decided to risk wearing it outdoors when visiting people, i was brought to a resoulte NAY when i was in my local newsagent for some batteries and some guy went to his mate 'Why is man rocking a penguin jumper?' and then they both laughed.

The jumper has never touched my body again.

ReputationRep:
    Most people dress to look like a [email protected] nowadays, so yes, Christmas jumpers do get worn.

ReputationRep:
    Gutted that I never got one.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    I was yay as of the 24/12/2009. When, the next day, i received a green wooly one with a penguin on it and decided to risk wearing it outdoors when visiting people, i was brought to a resoulte NAY when i was in my local newsagent for some batteries and some guy went to his mate 'Why is man rocking a penguin jumper?' and then they both laughed.

The jumper has never touched my body again.
    I'll have it!

ReputationRep:
    yay,
    there're warm, comfortable, cosy and looks fab
    im a fan!
    plus, its christmas, you need to get into the festive mood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    as the title says guys! yay or nay?

and i'm talking about the seriously tacky ones, you know the really chunky knitted ones with reindeers and snowman and snowflakes!

personally, i love them! it depends on what you wear with them but then again my fashion sense is a bit odd

lol The first thing that came to my mind was Ron Weasley when I saw the thread title

ReputationRep:
    No, I prefer proper jumpers.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Anonymous)
    lol The first thing that came to my mind was Ron Weasley when I saw the thread title
    all the more reason to like them! gotta love a bit of rupert!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Anonymous)
    Same!

But yeah, Christmas jumpers... YAY! (as long as it is relatively near Christmas...)

ReputationRep:
    what's not to love! I'd wear em all year round. My grandma never got into knitting them though, shame

ReputationRep:
    I want one

ReputationRep:
    YAY!! I love them.
    Me and my boyfriend both wore Christmas jumpers the other day, we must have looked seriously lame but who cares, it's just a bit of fun.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.