Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, cant get a connection. Router is connected, other pc's are fine. New pc. So i need driver for router? Well i lost the disc that came with it. Went to netgear website to download driver, the file has a img extension. I cant do jack with it, windows wants to burn it to a disc and when you try it it wont let you.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakapaka)
    Hey, cant get a connection. Router is connected, other pc's are fine. New pc. So i need driver for router? Well i lost the disc that came with it. Went to netgear website to download driver, the file has a img extension. I cant do jack with it, windows wants to burn it to a disc and when you try it it wont let you.
    How are you trying to connect to the router - using a wired (ethernet) connection or wireless?

An IMG is a disc image file, which is why you're being prompted to burn a CD/DVD when opening it. You can use a program like DAEMON Tools to 'mount' the image virtually, without needing to use an actual disc: http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/downloads

ReputationRep:
    Hey, with wired. Demon tools wont work, says i need a connection to activate trial.

ReputationRep:
    download MagicDisc, works well and easy to use
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    An Ethernet connection shouldn't need any drivers for your router to be installed to work correctly. All that I can think of is that your Ethernet card in your PC might need drivers, however. Open up "Device Manager" via the start menu search and look under "Network adapters" to find out the make/model, then right-clicking should allow you to update the drivers. If that doesn't work, try searching for drivers for the manufacturer's website.

ReputationRep:
    Netgear you say? what happens when you visit here? (note, this is only the IP for some netgear routers, possibly not all).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    An Ethernet connection shouldn't need any drivers for your router to be installed to work correctly. All that I can think of is that your Ethernet card in your PC might need drivers, however. Open up "Device Manager" via the start menu search and look under "Network adapters" to find out the make/model, then right-clicking should allow you to update the drivers. If that doesn't work, try searching for drivers for the manufacturer's website.
    Yup, the driver for lan was not installed, thanks. I can remember having this problem before lol.

ReputationRep:
    You can get the internet on Windows 7? Wow, it's come a long way! :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.