Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which country currently has the best government and/or political ideology? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Would love some opinions on this...

ReputationRep:
    the UK - Every other country just seems so backward and just plain stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Rhodesia :awesome:

EDIT: Haters gonna hate!

(Original post by 4TSR)
      the UK - Every other country just seems so backward and just plain stupid.
      If it takes a swing to the right (I do not mean far-right), then yeah, I would agree.

ReputationRep:
      France.

Republicanism. Liberty. Equality. Fraternity. Secularism. Vive la France! :coma:

ReputationRep:
      The Scandinavian countries generally have nice, free, fairer social democracies.

ReputationRep:
      Saudi Arabia

ReputationRep:
      Anything Scandinavian is a win.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Democracy)
      France.

Republicanism. Liberty. Equality. Fraternity. Secularism. Vive la France! :coma:
      I guess we haven't been watching the same newsflashes of EU nationals deportation

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by IFondledAGibbon)
      Would love some opinions on this...
      Finland.

ReputationRep:
      England is definitely up there. Whilst we complain, we live lives of pretty unbounded comfort afforded to us by the government. They even have the decency to try to make appear legitimate the Eastern wars, so we wouldn't experience any confrontation to our moral acumen.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lightburns)
      Anything Scandinavian is a win.
      have you been to Scandinavia?

ReputationRep:
      who did consign this popular image of Scandinavia as the land where it is at.

ReputationRep:
      Brazil

ReputationRep:
      I haven't travelled much, but from what my dad tells me I would say Scandinavian countries have got it fairly spot on.

The UK is one of the best though imo. We have pretty liberal attitudes towards homosexuality and race, in comparison with many countries.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KingofSpades)
      I guess we haven't been watching the same newsflashes of EU nationals deportation
      The foundations upon which the French Republic were founded is what I have expressed respect for in this thread. I have not claimed that the current French government is perfect (indeed as a leftist I find Sarkozy quite loathsome).

Likewise, I don't agree with most American administrations, past or present, but I think the tenets of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" upon which the United States was established to be very admirable.

But even still, today's Western democracies such as France (whilst definitely not perfect) are infinitely more preferable to various African/Middle Eastern dictatorships.

ReputationRep:
      I've heard good things about Chile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kiwiguy)
      Rhodesia :awesome:

EDIT: Haters gonna hate!
      Burma beats.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JCC-MGS)
      Saudi Arabia
      Marry 2 wives, get 1 wife free on selected ranges!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Democracy)
      The foundations upon which the French Republic were founded is what I have expressed respect for in this thread. I have not claimed that the current French government is perfect (indeed as a leftist I find Sarkozy quite loathsome).

Likewise, I don't agree with most American administrations, past or present, but I think the tenets of "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" upon which the United States was established to be very admirable.
      We're talking about which country currently has the best government, not what country was founded on the best principles.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.