The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minimalme
hi, do a simple test, type "ugly" juxtaposed to "british"in google, see the results, do the same for any other nation. it's not a self inflicted observations, it's seen pretty much as standard fact, but what's the reason?

It's still taking me a while to understand exactly what you mean due to the terrible punctuation. And that's not really how you use the word "juxtaposed".

Anyway.. what?
Reply 341
Original post by RahRah09
It's still taking me a while to understand exactly what you mean due to the terrible punctuation. And that's not really how you use the word "juxtaposed".

Anyway.. what?

type ugly next to british in google
If that was the case, you certainly wouldn't be my first choice :rofl:

And that was a big ball of fail, you've missed so many of my points it's not even funny. I... don't even know where to begin :eek:
Being considered unattractive is not the end of the world. That doesn't mean people shouldn't strive to have good standards i.e. hygiene, physical fitness and healthy hair and skin.
Original post by minimalme
type ugly next to british in google

Well yes I did try that and then I tried Ugly Finnish and I still don't see how this is enlightening me?
Reply 345
Original post by RahRah09
Well yes I did try that and then I tried Ugly Finnish and I still don't see how this is enlightening me?

sorry I don't know what your trying to do, but this thread is about wondering why british people are ugly by outside nations. and after talking to various people at my university and looking at the internet I persuaded myself to create a thread about it. so with a little background knowledge of the topic one of the first ports of call was to look online. so what I did was play a little test that didn't require much brainwork and type the words "ugly" and "british" into a search engine. I got an outstanding number of hits (up to 6 pages would you believe) of many various peoples opinions on the general attractiveness of british people. for example, the first page of hits includes: "Do British women generally tend to be ugly?", "Why are British people almost always ugly", "The man who called British women 'ugly goes on a date-with'", "British women: fat and ugly?", "The real truth the British are ugly", "British girls are ugly and smell", "British actors are too ugly for foreign audiences, says British TV..", "The ugly truth about British teeth-Times Online", "Why are British girls so ugly- Top Canadian Universities", "British women are ugly, fat and terribly dressed", "Swedish girls making British girls look ugly Sweden-Moronail.net..", "British women top international ugly poll","Why are the British so ugly?".

Now actually this goes on for about for about 12 pages, probably even more I didn't bother to check, but to me more than 6 pages of hits is significant. Now when I type "ugly" next to "finnish", I get "The ugly Finnish tourist", "Mike Walsh's Finland blog - Fat ugly (Finnish) trade union bosses", "Finland vs Sweden - Page 10 -cultures shocked forum", "Coyote Ugly WS Finnish R2 DVD covers", "dict.cc dictionary::ugly::colone:nglish-Finnish translation", "The Ugly truth subtitles - Finnish subtitles - Easily Find Div","How to say Ugly in Finnish translation" , "Invest in Finland: Those ugly crocs - even Finns love them!".

Now I looked at up to 20 pages of results, and as there was 1 significant hit of the 20 pages I looked at I decided it was not near enough as the ones for the british hits, in fact I am sure you would agree there is a huge difference. However, lets not just look at 1 different nation, lets look at several, or if time abiding why not all? So I started to ask questions concerning the reasons behind my claim. Is diet, attitude or genes or all three that govern this this factual information. So this is what this thread is about. I hope that clears up things for u a little more.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 346
How many times do I have to say this? Different people have different views on what constitutes as standards.

You're making yourself look like an idiot by shoving your opinions (not fact) down everyone elses throats. Yes I would have mentioned it if I was secure, because the OP asked for opinions. People like you irritate me. I have no problem with opinions, but it's annoying when someone tries to force everyone to agree with them. I don't see being in or out of shape as posetive or negative, it doesn't matter to me. I value intellect, facial looks, personality, interests, and whether I can have a laugh with the person waaaaaaaaaaay more than whether they have the body of Brad Pitt.

Ha, I'm not insecure. Awww, is that too much for you to take? That someone doesn't conform to your pathetic stereotype? Too bad. Immature? I'm not the one shoving my opinions down other people's throats. Have low standards? I've already explained that standards are subjective, and that mine are not low.

Oh and by the way, emoticons don't make you look big or clever, they make you look really immature. Instead of attempting and failing to be condescending, next time maybe address my points yeah? Much love Mazty. :heart:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 347
Original post by .Ali.
How many times do I have to say this? Different people have different views on what constitutes as standards.

You're making yourself look like an idiot by shoving your opinions (not fact) down everyone elses throats. Yes I would have mentioned it if I was secure, because the OP asked for opinions. People like you irritate me. I have no problem with opinions, but it's annoying when someone tries to force everyone to agree with them. I don't see being in or out of shape as posetive or negative, it doesn't matter to me. I value intellect, facial looks, personality, interests, and whether I can have a laugh with the person waaaaaaaaaaay more than whether they have the body of Brad Pitt.

Ha, I'm not insecure. Awww, is that too much for you to take? That someone doesn't conform to your pathetic stereotype? Too bad. Immature? I'm not the one shoving my opinions down other people's throats. Have low standards? I've already explained that standards are subjective, and that mine are not low.

Oh and by the way, emoticons don't make you look big or clever, they make you look really immature. Instead of attempting and failing to be condescending, next time maybe address my points yeah? Much love Mazty. :heart:

Originally Posted by RahRah09
sorry I don't know what your trying to do, but this thread is about wondering why british people are ugly by outside nations. and after talking to various people at my university and looking at the internet I persuaded myself to create a thread about it. so with a little background knowledge of the topic one of the first ports of call was to look online. so what I did was play a little test that didn't require much brainwork and type the words "ugly" and "british" into a search engine. I got an outstanding number of hits (up to 6 pages would you believe) of many various peoples opinions on the general attractiveness of british people. for example, the first page of hits includes: "Do British women generally tend to be ugly?", "Why are British people almost always ugly", "The man who called British women 'ugly goes on a date-with'", "British women: fat and ugly?", "The real truth the British are ugly", "British girls are ugly and smell", "British actors are too ugly for foreign audiences, says British TV..", "The ugly truth about British teeth-Times Online", "Why are British girls so ugly- Top Canadian Universities", "British women are ugly, fat and terribly dressed", "Swedish girls making British girls look ugly Sweden-Moronail.net..", "British women top international ugly poll","Why are the British so ugly?".

Now actually this goes on for about for about 12 pages, probably even more I didn't bother to check, but to me more than 6 pages of hits is significant. Now when I type "ugly" next to "finnish", I get "The ugly Finnish tourist", "Mike Walsh's Finland blog - Fat ugly (Finnish) trade union bosses", "Finland vs Sweden - Page 10 -cultures shocked forum", "Coyote Ugly WS Finnish R2 DVD covers", "dict.cc dictionary:nglish-Finnish translation", "The Ugly truth subtitles - Finnish subtitles - Easily Find Div","How to say Ugly in Finnish translation" , "Invest in Finland: Those ugly crocs - even Finns love them!".

Now I looked at up to 20 pages of results, and as there was 1 significant hit of the 20 pages I looked at I decided it was not near enough as the ones for the british hits, in fact I am sure you would agree there is a huge difference. However, lets not just look at 1 different nation, lets look at several, or if time abiding why not all? So I started to ask questions concerning the reasons behind my claim. Is diet, attitude or genes or all three that govern this this factual information. So this is what this thread is about. I hope that clears up things for u a little more.
Original post by im so academic
In before pictures of Cheryl Cole.

For me, you can attractive and not so attractive men. But Irish men are pretty nice. :colondollar:

Oh yes oh yesssss :drool:
Define 'unfortunate looking'.
Reply 350
Original post by LufcEllandRoad
Define 'unfortunate looking'.

sorry, for sake of argument, lets just say why are british people considered to be highly unattractive.
Reply 351
I've already explained standards to you, and mine are not low...if you lack the basic intelligence to understand what I have said, that's your problem. Again, no points have been addressed, you've just tried and failed to be condescending. Better luck next time, eh Mazty? I don't 'aim' for chubby people lmao, I just said there isn't an issue with them. I actually don't have a problem with hedonism, unlike you. A secure person would aim for whatever they find attractive, and not care what anyone thinks...hence why I'll date who the hell I want. I just don't find muscle attractive, because it feels gross when you hug someone with huge muscles. That's it, simple.

Also Mazty, you keep banging on about this issue of security, yes? Is it not you who is the insecure one here? You're the one whos posts can be summed up as 'EW FAT PEOPLE LOL HEDONISM YOU'RE ALL INSECURE I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU', which seems to suggest that you're trying a little too hard to boost that ego of yours. Why not just leave these so called 'hedonistic fat people' to live their lives, and live yours? No one is saying that you have to have anything to do with them.
It's becus of the weather,
Original post by Steevee
Really? I imagine most ppor African countries would come below. As would most Middle Easterners and a lot of Asian countries.

Don't blame them for your ugliness. Accept yourself.:biggrin:
Does it hurt?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 354
No, I haven't said I'm insecure. I've said many times that people view characteristics differently. I don't see being slightly overweight as an issue, so what if he eats too much? Doesn't mean he's a ****, does it? :rolleyes: Yes I am bothered if they have negative characteristics, just maybe our views on what classifies as a negative characteristic differ slightly. You classify hedonism as bad, I don't. There you go, we're never going to agree, as we see it from a different perspective. I don't find muscle physically attractive, nothing to do with standards, I just don't like it. Why can't you understand that?

I've made it about you, because lets face it, that's what it is about. You keep going on about fat people all the time, and instead of leaving people to live their lives, you try to shove your opinion down everyone elses throats. Like someone who is insecure would. You haven't said anything about yourself, no, but your constant attack on overweight people pretty much speaks for itself. I'm not deflecting my insecurities on you because they don't exist, I'm perfectly happy with myself. I don't particularly care what you think, it's purely the authoritarian way you try to exert your opinions as pure fact that irritates me. I'm not 'sad' either Mazty, I think that's you, as you sit there constantly *****ing about fat people. It's getting a bit childish, don't you think?
Germans are worse looking tbh

But there are good, and bad, in every country
We all my be ugly but at least we don't look like fijiains or aborigines now they are ugly.
Reply 357
We already both know I'm not insecure. It'd about you because of how you present, it can say a lot about you. My opinions are based on what I find physically attractive - the difference is, I'm not saying everyone has to agree, only that we all have different opinions. You've disregarded what I've said again, nice one. :top: Not all overweight people are in poor health Mazty. Also, I'd rather date someone who enjoys food and is relaxed and having a good time while having a meal than some calorie counter or someone who is always in the gym. But that's just my preference - I'm not saying everyone has to agree. Why can't you accept that people like different things?

It isn't low standards to not date someone I am not physically attracted to. It would be very insecure to date someone I didn't like because society says that it what I am meant to find attractive.

Lastly, most people on here think you're a troll and no one really takes you seriously, so you're wasting your time here. Unless you actually address my points, I have nothing more to say to you. You know my opinion, if you choose to ignore it, that's your problem and not mine.
Reply 358
Original post by .Ali.
Not all overweight people are in poor health Mazty. Also, I'd rather date someone who enjoys food and is relaxed and having a good time while having a meal than some calorie counter or someone who is always in the gym.

Well said tbh.
Reply 359
Original post by Tommyjw
Well said tbh.

Thankyou. :biggrin: I'm not even responding to that idiot anymore, he's so childish. "OMG YOU'RE MEANT TO LIKE MUSCLE BUT YOU DON'T AND I KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE BETTER THAN YOU SO YOU'RE INSECURE. IT CAN'T POSSIBLY BE THAT PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT AND LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS". :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending