Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worried about boyfriend's wellbeing Watch

I am quite concerned about my boyfriend, everything is going wrong for him. I have had intimacy issues so avoid having sex which does not make his self esteem any good we have been together a few years and not had sex which he now says he repulses himself (I fear the first time pain).

He tried to set his own business up but did not research it properly and missed the deadline so has been fined £20k by Inland Revenue and no longer has any savings. He was distraught as it took years to build that money up and has struggled to eat as he cannot afford to. I bought him £30 worth of shopping one day as I cannot let him starve, he means too much.

He also has to pay me and his mom back hundreds of pounds back he borrowed us whilst investing in this business. He was upset today as he thinks he didn't spend enough on presents but I told him I didn't expect anything.

Then a week ago I slipped on the ice and injured my back and shoulder so he came to pick up instead and he had to swerve his mom's car as someone had lost control - he ended up having to replace a tyre and alloy. When I got to his, his mom spoke to me in a room and she cried as she said he rang her crying when he got the flat tyre and she said she is distraught for her son at the moment.

I worry cos he chats to strangers on Skype and he doesn't go out anymore so isn't even seeing people. He doesn't have many friends and used to have a best friend but the so called best friend cut him out of his life due to his meddling girlfriend. How can I help him, I am trying to be there for him.

ReputationRep:
    Just leave him be ya nosey...!!

ReputationRep:
    there's not much you can do. hes going to go through whatever hes going to go through, all you can do is make sure he knows youre with him through it all.

you can suggest things like seeing a doctor - perhaps hes become clinically depressed, but its really down to him, his journey, its up to him to get through it

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a walking disaster.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.