Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should we be careful in love? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Of course. Be careful in everything. Rushing into things may be exhilarating at first but 90% of the time you will regret it!

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Baudelaire once questioned whether an eternity of damnation means anything to someone who has experienced a moment of joy. Fall hard and take whatever fleeting bliss you can regardless of its inevitable descent into depression, drudgery and drinking. Restraint is for chumps

ReputationRep:
    No, its more exciting and fun if you dont plan

ReputationRep:
    I am. I don't like that people think they can't control who they love and feel they are totally powerless, and therefore aren't careful in love.

ReputationRep:
    Hhmmm... only if there is an obvious reason to be. For example, if someone is much older than you and you're under 18 for example, then yes. Otherwise probably not in my opinion. If you try to be careful, you just might end up missing something that could have been special.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and only if I knew this in Year 11 *sighs*

i hate it. it's fine when all is good, but when it isn't it's just painful tbh.

i was seeing a guy, and really didn't want to get attached cause i was going to university.. and stuff he did, didn't bother me, cause i wasn't too into him.

now all of a sudden, i'm besotted, i'm hooked, and he is treating me like dirt atm, and i'm taking it, cause i can't bear to be without him.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, with things like this you're supposed to live in the moment, not for the future.

ReputationRep:
    No, when it feels right it feels right, throw caution to the wind and fall in loooooove, man unless you're one of those idiots who falls for people who will blatantly never ever feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the answers!

The reason I posted is because a girl I had a thing with agreed to come to mine for xmas. My family were here. I bought her a flight from Germany. I thought it was a given that we were going to make out, cuddle etc. But from day 1 she was just so cold. Major disappointment..

ReputationRep:
    Never. If I love someone I throw myself into it 100%. Maybe this leads to me getting hurt/hurting others more often, but I'd rather be heartbroken than indifferent. This point of view probably means I give terrible advice though.

ReputationRep:
    No. I would rather regret doing something, then regret not doing it. It's much more fun to live in the moment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.