Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Actually, that's a lie, but it's a lot more dramatic than the entire truth. I can sleep, but not well.

I get about eight or nine hours of sleep every day, but I wake up still feeling exhausted. I always was prone to somnambulism (sleep-walking) and somniloquy (sleep-talking), along with night terrors, so I never have been the most peaceful sleeper.

My sleep cycles are interrupted during the night, and it's robbing me of good quality sleep. Is there anything I can do, beyond going to see my doctor, because it's wearing me down?

ReputationRep:
    Would it be too much trouble to see a doctor? :/ Because it sounds like have had recurrent problems of it sort... In my opinion I'm not sure how helpful people can be without knowing the ins and outs of your current situation tbh,.

ReputationRep:
    You get more sleep than me.

So for that, please direct yourself to the 3rd spoiler in my sig.

ReputationRep:
    See a doctor, we can't help you.

(Original post by Yawn11)
    You get more sleep than me.

So for that, please direct yourself to the 3rd spoiler in my sig.
    The amount of sleep is irrelevant if you're not actually getting good sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I cant sleep as well, it falls 12:00pm and I fall asleep then I wake up at 2:00 then I go to sleep, then I wake up at 4:00 and then I wake up again and its 6:00 and then I wake up again and its 9:00pm!

Total sleep hours: 9 Hours!

ReputationRep:
    I never sleep well. Can't get out of the habit of waking up every couple of hours. Do you actually sleep walk and talk now? i can't actually think why sleep talking would affect your sleep anyway, my ex was a sleep talker and he slept fine. I bloody didn't mind you lol
    Also I can't fall asleep well, I'm a bit of an insomniac. The only way i fall asleep easily is if I'm reading and then the light is on which disrupts my sleep.
    You either learn to get by on it, or you need to see a doctor for their help. Or maybe knock yourself out with some sleeping tablets, althought that's not the healthiest option

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 25, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.