Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do you do if something you bought...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    goes on sale the next day? Can you still return it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohowareyou)

bumpppppp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellohowareyou)
    Yeah If you have the receipt they have to refund you what you paid.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, with a full refund. If you buy it as a sale item it may be harder to return.

ReputationRep:
    I'd return it for the full refund and then be very very cheeky and whilst still at the checkout desk, buy it back for the sale price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    I'd return it for the full refund and then be very very cheeky and whilst still at the checkout desk, buy it back for the sale price.
    You are entirely within your rights to do this.

(Or you could just ask them to refund you the difference )

ReputationRep:
    Since all of the above answers have been a yes, i'm going to go with a no..:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, if you have a receipt (or other proof of purchase) in date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RahRah09)
    I'd assume that's where the OP is going with this...

(Original post by Whizz)
    You are entirely within your rights to do this.

(Or you could just ask them to refund you the difference )
    I would do this, if it happened to me. I remember one customer once returning something that was 40% off and she had bought it at 25% off. Then I left my department briefly, came back and saw she had waited for me to leave, taken the item again and gone to pay for it at the till, to buy at the 40% off. I went over, as it was my stock, guessed what she was doing and said to her it was fine and she shouldn't have wasted her time waiting around. I would have just simply refunded the difference to her, and she was a bit embarrassed after. If I was a customer, I would have done the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add my own two penny's worth. Everybody who's posted in this thread is incorrect.

You have no legal right to return an item for a refund with or without a receipt unless It's faulty and a short enough period of time has passed for you to reasonably reject the goods, or you bought the item online.

Certain shops may offer a refund or exchange policy but it's certainly not required by law and they certainly don't have to adhere to it.

Once you've purchased an item it's then yours - you own it. Why should you be able to return it? It's like the shop asking for an extra tenner once you've purchased something - they can't.

Having said that at Christmas in particular most stores/chains have very generous return policies, but don't go thinking it's your right to return something. Because it isn't. :sadnod:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.