Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ok so I'm going out with this guy, I really like him but now I'm starting to think that he might be using me.
    Everything was going well, he says he loves me all the time and seems to be really into me. Then, a couple of days ago, I happened to read an old post in which he spoke of timid, weak girls, as those who once in love will spend a lot of money for you and basically give you everything you want in the long run...I know I shouldn't have read the post, but anyways now I can't help thinking that he might be doing this to me.
    I am really weak, emotionally speaking, haven't hade many relationships and those I had left me badly hurt,and I'm really insecure as well. Now what I'm thinking is that many times when we go out he has me paying for the most expensive things (e.g. we go out for dinner at restaurant and I pay, then he pays for a pizza the next day and says we are even).
    It's not about the money really, I wouldn't mind, I'm wondering so everything he told me was a lie and he's just using me? what do you guys think ?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    An old 'post' - huh? Is he on TSR? Just be cautious and don't spend much money when you're together - see if things change between you, i dunno.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ok so I'm going out with this guy, I really like him but now I'm starting to think that he might be using me.
    Everything was going well, he says he loves me all the time and seems to be really into me. Then, a couple of days ago, I happened to read an old post in which he spoke of timid, weak girls, as those who once in love will spend a lot of money for you and basically give you everything you want in the long run...I know I shouldn't have read the post, but anyways now I can't help thinking that he might be doing this to me.
    I am really weak, emotionally speaking, haven't hade many relationships and those I had left me badly hurt,and I'm really insecure as well. Now what I'm thinking is that many times when we go out he has me paying for the most expensive things (e.g. we go out for dinner at restaurant and I pay, then he pays for a pizza the next day and says we are even).
    It's not about the money really, I wouldn't mind, I'm wondering so everything he told me was a lie and he's just using me? what do you guys think ?

thanks
    The type of man who could have said this in the past should be approached with caution. Are you silly? why are you paying for the most expensive things, why not do 50/50.

I say start pretending your skint and see what happens. If he starts acting funny, yep his a gold digger.

thanks guys...

(Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    Are you silly? why are you paying for the most expensive things, why not do 50/50.
    I know, it's just that I really like and trust the guy, and besides never been in a relationship before, that is why I said 'weak emotionally'...I can't figure it out, how could just someone be so mean, what's the point of hurting someone so...

anyways, thanks to both..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.