Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do some students overachieve by good welfare or intelligence? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not trying to be stereotypical here but pretty much all successful, enviable peers who end up in high sets seem happier. I also feel that they have virtually no problems at least significant in their life whatsoever. In my case, I end up doing satisfactory to poorly in school. I used to do well some odd years, being in some high sets. Nowadays, I have become apathetic and my performance has declined. Being in low sets, most of the peers appear less so than those. At those times, I considered my life to be reasonable to live in. But now, I've began to find it rather undesirable and have very much disregarded education. If it's not welfare, it may be intelligence. Most overachievers are athletic as sports would make them motivated, to learn in this case. On the contrary, some do not appear fit but regardless, still perform well. Probably to those non-athletics, they live a good welfare.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really understand your post. Anyways...

I'm not sure there is such a thing as overachieving, if people do well they deserve it. Of course there are many people who underachieve for various reasons. Don't give up on education, don't let those kids who aren't as smart as you beat you, you may live to regret it. You've proved you can do very well since you've made it the top sets before so get out there, fight to win your place back and be the best that you can be. Show your peers, your teachers and your parents what you're made of, stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and focus on you. Most importantly, do yourself justice and be proud of your achievements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willow162)
    I don't really understand your post. Anyways...

I'm not sure there is such a thing as overachieving, if people do well they deserve it. Of course there are many people who underachieve for various reasons. Don't give up on education, don't let those kids who aren't as smart as you beat you, you may live to regret it. You've proved you can do very well since you've made it the top sets before so get out there, fight to win your place back and be the best that you can be. Show your peers, your teachers and your parents what you're made of, stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and focus on you. Most importantly, do yourself justice and be proud of your achievements.
    I suffer from apathy and I do not tolerate the word 'kid'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.