Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Boyfriend brings another girl - WTF!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll keep this short, I'm coming back from a christmas dinner with my group of friends and am FUMING!

3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I went on a break, I initiated it because I was having a tough time personally and I didn't want to put any strain on him or the relationship so thought it would be best to keep my distance. We've been together for 2 years, when I asked for a break he was quite disappointed and quietly accepted. After that he wasn't really keeping in contact much but I thought he is giving me the space I asked for.

I texted him every other week just for a quick hi and ask how he's doing, he'd always reply with something like "yeah cool thanks, hope you're well x" and that's all the contact we've had.

Today we were all getting together for a christmas dinner and he brings another girl with him :mad: I was so confused, it turned out some of our friends already knew her and it was common knowledge that he's with her

First I was just wondering what's going on, he said hello to me in a normal way, smiled and went about his way very normally. Then we all sat down and he had her arm around her and she whispering in his ear giggling. I finally caught on that he's WITH HER and called him to the side and confronted him.

He was shocked that I was angry and said he thought we had broken up :confused: and that he's been dating her for 2 weeks now. I started crying and he kept asking what's wrong, and I told him that we were on a break not broken up!!!! He kept denying it and said I had broken up with HIM! I told him I was meaning to take him back soon after and he said that's bull **** and he doesn't believe in this 'break' stuff.

He apologised that it upset me and said he'll go to let me enjoy with my friends instead of having an uncomfortable atmosphere, so he left and texted me saying "really sorry, I had no idea but seems like we're on different pages now. Sorry, tc x"

I'm honestly just shocked to the core, like WTF!? Here I was thinking I still have my boyfriend of 2 years by my side and all this time he's been with another girl...I can't believe he thought we were over!!!

I really need some advice now, how do I approach this? Was I in the wrong did I do something wrong???

ReputationRep:
    He probably just brought the girl along to make you feel bad.

...although if he's been dating her for a while and started seeing her as soon as you two broke up.... yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Violet Hill)
    I'll keep this short, I'm coming back from a christmas dinner with my group of friends and am FUMING!

3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I went on a break, I initiated it because I was having a tough time personally and I didn't want to put any strain on him or the relationship so thought it would be best to keep my distance. We've been together for 2 years, when I asked for a break he was quite disappointed and quietly accepted. After that he wasn't really keeping in contact much but I thought he is giving me the space I asked for.

I texted him every other week just for a quick hi and ask how he's doing, he'd always reply with something like "yeah cool thanks, hope you're well x" and that's all the contact we've had.

Today we were all getting together for a christmas dinner and he brings another girl with him :mad: I was so confused, it turned out some of our friends already knew her and it was common knowledge that he's with her

First I was just wondering what's going on, he said hello to me in a normal way, smiled and went about his way very normally. Then we all sat down and he had her arm around her and she whispering in his ear giggling. I finally caught on that he's WITH HER and called him to the side and confronted him.

He was shocked that I was angry and said he thought we had broken up :confused: and that he's been dating her for 2 weeks now. I started crying and he kept asking what's wrong, and I told him that we were on a break not broken up!!!! He kept denying it and said I had broken up with HIM! I told him I was meaning to take him back soon after and he said that's bull **** and he doesn't believe in this 'break' stuff.

He apologised that it upset me and said he'll go to let me enjoy with my friends instead of having an uncomfortable atmosphere, so he left and texted me saying "really sorry, I had no idea but seems like we're on different pages now. Sorry, tc x"

I'm honestly just shocked to the core, like WTF!? Here I was thinking I still have my boyfriend of 2 years by my side and all this time he's been with another girl...I can't believe he thought we were over!!!

I really need some advice now, how do I approach this? Was I in the wrong did I do something wrong???

WOW, really.

This guy is a complete and utter prick.
    Can't believe somebody would do something like that, of course he knew what was going on, but was trying to make you feel bad by bringing this other girl.

Forget this douche, seriously. :mad:
    Hope everything works out for you.

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 Friends reference

ReputationRep:
    You deserve it for doing the whole "break" thing.

ReputationRep:
    Lol stfu. A 'break', you can't do as you please when you're with someone.

If my gf suggested a break we'd be done.

Edit: Cosign the post above mine, you deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you said you'd keep it short? :emo:

You should have clarified when you were telling him you wanted a break that it wasn't breaking up but a temp thing. :/ No wonder he got confused.

You can't blame him tbh. This is my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I always take 'on a break' to mean that you're breaking up with them just don't want to put it bluntly. Did you clarify? I think he just misunderstood. Agreed that you can't blame him. If you still want to be with him, give it a few days and then meet up with him to talk things through.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine anyone gives a ****?

ReputationRep:
    Does this remind anyone of Friends?

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, breaks NEVER end well. :s

They always end in the couple splitting up.

ReputationRep:
    LOL he deserves a high-5!

He's not doing anything wrong tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Inb4 Friends reference
    damn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    Inb4 Friends reference
    Beat me to it You're having a true Ross moment!

Hope you get through it tho, this girl may have been brought along to make you feel bad.

ReputationRep:
    I hate this whole "on a break" thing as much as the next guy. However, the fact that he thought you were wanting to end things without kicking up a fuss suggests the relationship was stagnating in his mind and he probably would have ended anyways (if he had the balls too).

I think you're just going to have to move on and maybe take some positives out of that fact... Managing to get a girlfriend that soon is a bit worrying tho sign to be honest.

EDIT: It's like J.D and Elliot, none of your Friends rubbish

ReputationRep:
    The ultimate question, is she fitter than you? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Shoulda been more specific? I never understood the concept of a break? Why could you not just say I'm gna be busy or something and we won't be able to meet much 'cause of my personal problems?

ReputationRep:
    your fault tbh.

ReputationRep:
    He could've been a bit more sensitive about it, but to be honest 'breaks' are a load of bull**** and you could've just told him you're having a tough time and saved all this confusion, no doubt he'd have tried to help in whatever way you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    The title of this thread is extremely misleading, since he is quite obviously not your boyfriend, anymore.

OP, this is completely your own fault. A "break?" Seriously? Good lord.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.