Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It's obvious there's some chemistry Watch

ReputationRep:
    ...between me and this guy i know at uni
    well actually maybe the chemistry is a bit more subtle but i'm so confused on what to do
    i don't know if i should make the first move or wait till he does?
    do guys even like when girls make the first move?
    or would it be recomended to hold it out a bit longer?
    i know some guys sort of enjoy the chase...

i would very much appreciate some sincere advise
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just make the first move.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I don't mind women making the first move.. sometimes it's the only way I find out they're interested :rolleyes:
    Ermm well make sure he's single, try to see if he is interested (you say you feel chemistry but what does that mean exactly?)
    If he seems interested but reluctant to make the first move (nerves, whatever) then you might as well go for it.. what's the worst that can happen?
    Try and have no regrets :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Make a move and go for it! What do you have to lose good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'd have no problem with the girl making the first move. Sometimes us guys don't know for sure a girl likes you when she thinks she's being blatantly obvious, we're not the most observent bunch and you guys are often far too subtle. Ask him out somewhere, the only way your gonna know if he lkes you for sure

ReputationRep:
    Go get drunk somewhere together, and then let nature take its magical course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Go get drunk somewhere together, and then let nature take its magical course.
    haha its quite funny you should say that
    it seems like the chemistry is so much more stronger when im a little tipsy
    but i guess im far too subtle then otherwise :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope for your sake this Chemistry leads to some Biology and maybe even Physics :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Lets hope for your sake this Chemistry leads to some Biology and maybe even Physics :perv:
    see what you did there :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of maths involved in that:
    add a bed, take away the clothes, divide the legs and multiply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Personally, I don't mind women making the first move.. sometimes it's the only way I find out they're interested :rolleyes:
    Ermm well make sure he's single, try to see if he is interested (you say you feel chemistry but what does that mean exactly?)
    If he seems interested but reluctant to make the first move (nerves, whatever) then you might as well go for it.. what's the worst that can happen?
    Try and have no regrets :yep:
    chemistry in that there seems to be quite a bit of eye contact, hugs always last longer than they should and just that general intinctual kinda feeling
    thing is he doesn;t seem to be a shy guy at all, so i wouldn't get why he would be nervous

ReputationRep:
    depends on the guy obviously. Im not expert but hows about giving him signs your into him and see how he responds??

ReputationRep:
    all of that will give you history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dadude)
    all of that will give you history
    :woo::yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty12592)
    chemistry in that there seems to be quite a bit of eye contact, hugs always last longer than they should and just that general intinctual kinda feeling
    thing is he doesn;t seem to be a shy guy at all, so i wouldn't get why he would be nervous
    Because no matter how "dude, I'm cool and ain't shy" a guy acts, there is always going to be a hint of insecurity if it's someone he genuinely likes...because he's human.

I hear loads of stories about how players are die-hard players but go jelly-like and lose their "game" when it's "The One".

Just my $0.02.

PS// Ah, love the pseudo-geeky science/subject references xD And by the way, good luck with him! Hope it turns out well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    Because no matter how "dude, I'm cool and ain't shy" a guy acts, there is always going to be a hint of insecurity if it's someone he genuinely likes...because he's human.

I hear loads of stories about how players are die-hard players but go jelly-like and lose their "game" when it's "The One".

Just my $0.02.

PS// Ah, love the pseudo-geeky science/subject references xD And by the way, good luck with him! Hope it turns out well
    you do have a point there
    thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?
    • TSR Support Team

If you like him, tell him, simples!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty12592)
    anyone else?
    It doesnt bother me at all if a girl asks me out. Although the chase is fun and in a lot of cases is needed, because after that and the sex it can get boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    If you like him, tell him, simples!
    so you wouldn't mind if a girl did that? would you not find it too forward?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.