ReputationRep:
    Hey.. Im new to this TSR. I usually come on to read messages, about uni, studies, etc . but haven't really bothered to make an account...
    A few weeks ago I realised the weirdest thing.
    Weird threads...started by an anonymous person.
    Is it just me or is this anonymous person the same?
    LOL I mean this is gonna sound stalkerishh...
    but this person seems to be SEX and RACE OBSESSED!!!!!
    Is it only me that has realised?
    E.g. on one thread about how many partners you've been with, this *anonymous* person commented about 20 times under the same status but with different answers...
    Maybe i'm being fussy. Or you could call it weird! It's seriously annoying me though.
    & It matches up.
    Name: Anonymous

Hmmm. Strange ...

ReputationRep:
    Did it say "Anonymous Thread Starter"? Many user can choose to post anonymously, it's not the same person.

ReputationRep:
    Anonymous is the universal guise for those who wish for their identity to not be revealed. It isn't the same person.

And you get an awful lot of sex/race/Islam/short guy/religion/penis size threads on here. TSR is crawling with trolls.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    The user 'Anonymous' isn't just one member - it's an account that's made available for use in the Health and Relationships forums, for any member to post about sensitive personal experiences. We have fairly strict guidelines about the use of the account, though, as explained here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92465

ReputationRep:
    lol i understand what you guys are saying.
    im just saying.
    how many people that wish to remain anonymous and choose that tag...its hard to explain. basically, do you not find it a bit coincidental that there are 10 people on a thread, all tagged anonymous, with the same amount of posts and same join date?
    I mean if they were all different then i'd understand....
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmileeeeShmith)
    lol i understand what you guys are saying.
    im just saying.
    how many people that wish to remain anonymous and choose that tag...its hard to explain. basically, do you not find it a bit coincidental that there are 10 people on a thread, all tagged anonymous, with the same amount of posts and same join date?
    I mean if they were all different then i'd understand....
    Posts by all members using the anonymous function will appear under the same account, and as a result will appear to have the same number of posts and join date.

ReputationRep:
    Oh........... I never new that!
    Crap. I apologise...
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmileeeeShmith)
    Oh........... I never new that!
    Crap. I apologise...
    No need to apologise! :p: Glad that I've been able to clear this up for you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.