This discussion is closed.
TK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
im not stupid i realised you were hinting at me, i am denying falling in love with her personality
whose personality? :confused:
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
whose personality? :confused:
im confused too
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
One wonders about the chemistry between these two kids...
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
or lack of it.......
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
kids, what chemistry
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Both of the above but, and I dont want to sound stuck up, a girl has to be from a similar background.
So someone from the "upper class" is not attracted to someone in the "middle class" then? hmmmm... not sure I agree with that, but I'm not at the top of the tree in the first place, so maybe I'm not the right person to be aking judgement.

As for the original question, looks give the initial attraction, personality then makes or breaks it, so probably personality is more important. Also, someone who's fun to be around - if she smiles and laughs - is far more attractive than someone who is not in my experience.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
or lack of it.......
Indeed. You two need to sort it out

JSM, the kids I refer to are yourself and Miss Kates here.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by meepmeep)
So someone from the "upper class" is not attracted to someone in the "middle class" then? hmmmm... not sure I agree with that, but I'm not at the top of the tree in the first place, so maybe I'm not the right person to be aking judgement.

As for the original question, looks give the initial attraction, personality then makes or breaks it, so probably personality is more important. Also, someone who's fun to be around - if she smiles and laughs - is far more attractive than someone who is not in my experience.
but looks for a ons
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that's my view as well saves me posting long pieces of waffle about why looks are important, but personality prevails in the end
TK
Rep:
?
Indeed. You two need to sort it out

JSM, the kids I refer to are yourself and Miss Kates here.
sort what out exactly? :rolleyes:
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
So someone from the "upper class" is not attracted to someone in the "middle class" then?
that's not true... although i'd probably not go out with someone from the 'lower class' and by that I generally mean trevs (the girls who go around wearing sports clothes and ridiculous bum hugging trousers all the time) or tarts
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
that's not true... although i'd probably not go out with someone from the 'lower class' and by that I generally mean trevs (the girls who go around wearing sports clothes and ridiculous bum hugging trousers all the time) or tarts
What if they turned out to have a gem of a personality, be half-decent looking, and only wear said clothes to follow, say, the environment she's in...
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Meepmeep, That would be perfectly ok. I meant complete extremes. I think the easiest way to test is to think wether you'd take a girl home to your parents.
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Boy, you've been watching too much pop idol.

Surely it has to be a balance between the two?
Would you believe it, i've never watched pop idol.

Yup, a mix of both is important. I think personality is perhaps more important actually.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my neck is stiff...too tired...
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
lol. Exactly what I was thinking although I didnt want to say. I will add that they wear ear rings that you could hula hoop in. Often known where I come from as townies. The boys drive 'modified' Saxo's and 106's. Classy.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
Yeah, I didn't really agree with the statement. I'd like to think that any "normal"-ish person can be attracted to any other "normal"-ish person regardless of 'class'. I don't meet very many people from the top of the scale anyway (there's more than enough candidates for my affection in the middle ground ).
Percy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Someone shy, beautiful, discreet, nice personality, funny, intelligent. I don't ask for much.
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Someone shy, beautiful, discreet, nice personality, funny, intelligent. I don't ask for much.
Well, we can all have an ideal, can't we (considering the number of hoops some of the females on this board put up for a male to jump through to qualify as attractive )
Lbar
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Both! like a good blend of whiskey

What I don't understand about women is, the flavour.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (231)
61.27%
Yes- I don't like it (17)
4.51%
No- I want it (104)
27.59%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.63%

Watched Threads