Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    need to know pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

ReputationRep:
    Circles are a killer... I prefer my lines with a contant gradiant and no y-intercept...

Why do you need to know?

ReputationRep:
    is 3 days enough to study first 2 units, im ok at it

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't that depend on what you find most difficult....?

ReputationRep:
    + - * /

ReputationRep:
    Integration is the hardest topic i've come across to date, can lose many marks for silly things like missing dx or integral symbol, also there is an array of possible questions on the topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephenmca)
    Integration is the hardest topic i've come across to date, can lose many marks for silly things like missing dx or integral symbol, also there is an array of possible questions on the topic.
    If you get the right answer I don't think you'd lose marks for that.

ReputationRep:
    I've only just finished unit 2 and so far i think it's not been too difficult but really not looking forward to unit 3 apparently logs are meant to be hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth..)
    I've only just finished unit 2 and so far i think it's not been too difficult but really not looking forward to unit 3 apparently logs are meant to be hard
    Nah, most log questions are pretty straightforward. It's tough to get your head around at first, but they generally use typical questions each year that require the same approach each time (2010 being the exception ).

Apart from that, Unit 3 is a breeze anyway. Vectors...

If you found unit 2 easy, you've got nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    Higher Maths is easy. Advanced Higher Maths is where the difficulty begins...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xCBRx)
    Higher Maths is easy. Advanced Higher Maths is where the difficulty begins...
    Agreed! :yes: It's been pretty up and down so far! Although last year in Higher, logs were a killer! I completely missed out the two log questions in the exam because I just didn't understand them.

OP, in Units 1+2, the chapters aren't that difficult, so don't worry! The hardest chapter is definitely the log chapter, but that's not til Unit 3

ReputationRep:
    My teacher (who is head of the department) says one of the hardest bits is optimization.

ReputationRep:
    thanx so 3 days is fine

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, all of them. Higher Maths is probably the most difficult subject I've ever taken...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caiitlinz)
    Oh god, all of them. Higher Maths is probably the most difficult subject I've ever taken...
    It depends on what you're good at - it's the easiest Higher for me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    It depends on what you're good at - it's the easiest Higher for me!
    Lucky! What did you take?

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to start doing a level maths

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way: the teachers aren't lying when they say you have to revise. It's complicated, and I've already blocked out all my memories of it from last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caiitlinz)
    Lucky! What did you take?
    Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Latin, History. *gulp* Prelims soon!

I just don't find Maths difficult - I never have. I'm more looking forward to the Maths prelim than History or English anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    Maths, English, Physics, Chemistry, Latin, History. *gulp* Prelims soon!

I just don't find Maths difficult - I never have. I'm more looking forward to the Maths prelim than History or English anyway!
    Highers, I'm guessing. Also, six, are you suicidal? XD Nah, some of my friends did six and they turned out alright.

I would say I'm glad to be onto Advanced Highers... Nahh. At least there's no more maths

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.