Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My thousandth post. Watch

ReputationRep:
    No, no... this isn't about showing off (#1000 isn't something to brag about here).

It's Christmas. So this post is about saying thank you.

Thank you, TSR. Thanks for your help. You helped me getting an idea of the HE system in the UK, of the UCAS application system and to get to know quite a lot about different universities here.

Thank you for surprising me with threads like "Is hitting a skinny weak as a girl man as bad as hitting a woman" (just from a few days ago) that are just surreal, thanks for countless "I'm a size 10, am I being fat?", "Would you ever talk to a girl wearing glasses?", "I've started losing weight - when will girls recognise me?", "My partner is a jerk. I cheated and now he's/she's gutted" and "I'm 16 and a virgin - what's wrong with me?" threads that helped to increase my procrastination skill dramatically. In any single way, the H&R forum is amazing. Whatever questions you might have, may they related to your gender, your size, your financial background or your ethnicity, they can be solved - and you will get witty and less witty comments for free, too! You will find plenty of idiocy there - but occasionally also some splendid advice!

Oh... the Investment Banking and Consultancy forum. Isn't it nice to be told to be a failure when only having achieved three As? Hm... or are you nowadays looking down on three A*s? Anyway, it's utterly amazing what kind of premature Gordon Gekko's (the old one) are available there 24/7 to let you know about future job application chances with regard to the different colleges when studying PPE at Oxford or the probability of getting an internship at a bank with regard to the length of your last name. Yet, like other sub-forums, you can find dedicated and intelligent users there that are actually sociable and helpful and are happy to give you decent advice on almost everything related to jobs in these sectors.

Same goes for the other forums I've been to - for joy or for information.

Thank you TSR, thank you for being a place where stuck-up narcissists meet nerdy geeks and where both can agree upon the fact that Kate's NYE dress needs to be replaced to look less slutty and that Tom's performance in bed is, indeed, the reason why he got dumped.

Thank you.

By the way, congratulations to the new hits/clicks figures!

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR moderators. I know how eager you are to move threads and to give out warnings where there's absolutely no foundation in the rules for. So far I've never bothered to argue with you about it, but in this case I would be happy to get a response on why you have moved this thread to the Chat sub-forum ("Seen a flying pig? Randomly discovered something spam worthy? Let it all out here to your heart's content"). I hardly see how this would or could be spam and while I do see a couple of other forums where it could have been moved to with good cause, moving it here certainly does not make any sense.

Thank you, I look forward to evaluating your explanation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.