Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It was cooked at Gas Mark 6 for 2 and a half hours... It was quite small (around 4kg), so I suppose that it was cooked long enough? Although what worried me was that it was kinda pink in some areas. The meat was mostly white though.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you'll find out in a few hours anyway.

Rumble rumble. :teehee:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    http://tinyurl.com/22wo94e

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Lol, you'll find out in a few hours anyway.

Rumble rumble.

:')

ReputationRep:
    I think it's something like 30 minutes per kilo My nan did tell me earlier but I can't remember

ReputationRep:
    Did he juices run clear? Did you stuff it? Did you have a meat thermometer and if so what was the temp?

ReputationRep:
    Meet my friend, Mr. Crapper

ReputationRep:
    depends what type of turkey it was. i did mine for 2 1/2 hours and it was 6kg and i think it was even slightly overdone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you didn't cook it yourself? There's always an awkward moment when you're eating food cooked by someone else, and you have an inkling it might still be a bit raw...

Meh, just a waiting game now!

ReputationRep:
    Well that was a **** joke as what you googled wouldn't answer his question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    It was cooked at Gas Mark 6 for 2 and a half hours... It was quite small (around 4kg), so I suppose that it was cooked long enough? Although what worried me was that it was kinda pink in some areas. The meat was mostly white though.
    Was it pink parts within the white parts or separate bits of meat? Some parts of the turkey (like the legs) come out a reddy-pink when they are cooked, whilst the breast meat is white.

ReputationRep:
    Lol well it's been over 6 hours since I last ate the turkey, and I haven't had any problems at all. And l0l at people who tried to scare me, fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Persephone9)
    Was it pink parts within the white parts or separate bits of meat? Some parts of the turkey (like the legs) come out a reddy-pink when they are cooked, whilst the breast meat is white.
    Yeah...the legs were kinda pink-ish, but everything else was white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InadequateJusticex)
    Yeah...the legs were kinda pink-ish, but everything else was white.
    Should be fine then Leg meat is meant to be pinker.

ReputationRep:
    Its a bit late to worry now really isnt it?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely no side effects then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandys1000)
    Definitely no side effects then?
    None at all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.