The Student Room Group

How many children do you want to have? Poll

Scroll to see replies

2 - 4 I think.

It depends massively on my own situation though. If and when I have children they will be well provided for....

I don't want to bring children into this world who will not enjoy their time in it - at least in as much as I can control.
(edited 13 years ago)
Voted my ideal (two) but I'm deciding how many after my first whenever that will be.
Three or four.
Minimum two. One of each sex. Maximum three.
Reply 44
Defo 3. (Preferably two boys and a girl, in that order.)

And then if I can afford it, a fourth. I think I'd stop there though. Five just seems too many.

I do love the idea of a big family though! I'm an only child, and to be honest, it sucks.
If you have one, that child will get lonely so two is a good number :smile:
probably 0 or 1
maximum 2
:smile:
Reply 47
3. Max. But more than 1 for sure.
If I have more than 3 accidentally, oh well.
This fascinates me. Only recently I have thought, on a whim, I'd like four kids, two boys two girls, but since finance and other factors, such as my own dreaminess and wandering, aspiring side, make this highly unlikely, I think one is a more viable option. It interests me people are thinking of it at teen years and early twenties though, having kids never once crossed my mind at that age, and even at 29 it seems sort of abstract, although I am more conscious of having to do it at some point if I want them.
Reply 49
Loads. :biggrin:
Original post by Beautiful And Kind
If you have one, that child will get lonely so two is a good number :smile:

You can be lonely with a sibling. Loads of siblings aren't that close.
Reply 51
hmm maybe 2-3?
Reply 52
:smile:
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
:dontknow: Sorry, but I don't see much point in deciding that now. I guess I'll just cross that bridge when I get there.

This is an excellent idea. Just what I did (I have eight. Four girls, four boys) :smile:.
Original post by Ilora-Danon
Although saying that, I'd have to find a man who'd actually want to have children with me first, now there's a challenge!

I can't imagine that it would be too difficult tbh.

2-3 seems to be the best option without going overboard and hopefully covering both genders although one of my friends at work she has 3 daughters so there's not always a guarantee.
Reply 54
im just gunna go with the average 2.4 kids
Reply 55
3/4
Original post by Maxxie
3/4

So which quarter do you intend to remove
None.

I don't have anything against kids, I love my little cousin - he's awesome, but I don't really want any of my own. The world is becoming a more dangerous place and I don't feel that I would even be happy having kids now, let alone in ten or fifteen years time, bringing them into a world that seems to be doing everything wrong at the moment. Also, kids are very expensive and I'd rather have the financial security to enjoy time with my partner than raise kids.

If my partner wanted kids then I wouldn't mind, but no more than two (which would be both incredibly selfish and expensive) and possibly adopted at that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 58
one hundred. :colone:
Reply 59
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos

The world is becoming a more dangerous place and I don't feel that I would even be happy having kids now, let alone in ten or fifteen years time, bringing them into a world that seems to be doing everything wrong at the moment.

Oh I've been thinking about this a lot lately, I feel very selfish for wanting them for my own pleasure you know, but at the same time I don't think my life would be 'complete' without kids.. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending