Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel C1 May 2010 Mark scheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please post a link to download Edexcel GCE C1 May 2010 mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    sorry dude, surely your school should have provided you with it,
    my school gave us maths C1 from 05-10 with all mark schemes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    Can anyone please post a link to download Edexcel GCE C1 May 2010 mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1440719

There's an unofficial one here... scroll down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Anonymous)

It is 99% correct. For Q 10 part c, the QP says give your answer in the form (p+q\sqrt3, r+s\sqrt3), but the person has given it in the form (p+q\sqrt3, s\sqrt 3 + r)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostCompetitive)
    It is 99% correct. For Q 10 part c, the QP says give your answer in the form (p+q\sqrt3, r+s\sqrt3), but the person has given it in the form (p+q\sqrt3, s\sqrt 3 + r)
    Is the question 10 (a) correct in the unofficial mark scheme. I have checked my solution but my graph of the equation y=x^2 (7-x) is not matching with the graph drawn in the mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    Is the question 10 (a) correct in the unofficial mark scheme. I have checked my solution but my graph of the equation y=x^2 (7-x) is not matching with the graph drawn in the mark scheme.
    Yes, but the graph of x(4-x) bends again before intersecting the other one - that is not how it is meant to be. x^2(7-x) is 7x^2-x^3, so it is the other way around and, if you put x and y equal to zero, you'll find where it crosses both the x axis and the y axis. What does your version look like? If it is an S shape, then it is wrong because -x^3 is backwards.

ReputationRep:
    arghhhh not this paper. This was pretty messed up. Especially the sequences question!

my college made me sit it as a mock. I only just scraped an A grade

ReputationRep:
    Why on 10.c are you supposed to choose 4-2/3 and not 4+2/3?

Sorry, not sure if you know but you seemed to know the previous answer lol

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh sorry, because if you chose the 4+2/3, y would become negative

XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoe17)
    Why on 10.c are you supposed to choose 4-2/3 and not 4+2/3?

Sorry, not sure if you know but you seemed to know the previous answer lol

Thanks
    From the sketch you did part a, you should see that the x co-ordinate of the point of intersection is less than 4. There is another point of intersection that is below the x-axis, and the problem with that is that it is below the x axis - the question says that both co-ordinates (x and y) are positive. Therefore, the x co-ordinate of the point of intersection the Q is asking for must be 4-2\sqrt{3}

ReputationRep:
    Are you nuts, its exactly the same lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marek35)
    Are you nuts, its exactly the same lol.
    I agree - I don't think it should make any difference, but the question paper asks you to give it in that form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    arghhhh not this paper. This was pretty messed up. Especially the sequences question!

my college made me sit it as a mock. I only just scraped an A grade
    Im on the same page - real one is tommorrow, so hopefully....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kars15)
    Im on the same page - real one is tommorrow, so hopefully....
    I had this as a mock as well and I'm taking it a year early... help! I think I failed completely :/ checked the mark scheme and there are a lot of answers I got wrong...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss Anonymous)

I'm sorry but where exactly is this 'unofficial' markscheme. I'm being dumb, I know, but I just can't see it

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.